The UUCF Holy Land trip is still accepting registration until December 10. For more information or to sign up, please contact UUCF Executive Director Rev. Jake Morrill at email@example.com.
Imagine . . . 11 Days spent in Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Hebron, and more with guided tours, reflection, and community. This is your opportunity to take the trip of a lifetime.
The people of Bethlehem say there are three books of the Bible: first, the words themselves. Second is the land. Without coming to know the land, much of the Word is lost. But the third book may be the most important. It is the people of the book, and of the land. Without these three, they say, you cannot really know the Word of God.
Our tour will take us to the places you know from scripture: Jerusalem, the Garden of Gethsemane, Nazareth, Capernaum, and Bethlehem, as well as to Masada and Qumran.
We will also go where Holy Land tours rarely venture. We will go into the Muslim city of Hebron, the final resting place for Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. We will visit with Muslims in Hebron, where today's Arab-Israeli conflict is most evident, and in Bethlehem with locals.
- 11 Days, 10 Nights in Israel
- $2450 + Airfare
- Includes lodging, breakfast, dinner, and transportation within Israel
- Prayer, group discussions, and educational content
- Option to add a 3 day trip to Jordan for $900
- This trip is appropriate for Unitarian Universalist ministers, candidates, and their families.
Friday: Travel from the United States to Israel
Saturday: Travel to Bethlehem
Sunday: Bethlehem: Manger Square, Shepherd’s Fields, Separation Wall
Monday: Jerusalem: Bethsaida, Old City, Church of the Holy Sepulchre
Tuesday: Ramallah: meet with govenment leaders, local families
Wednesday: Masada, Qumran, and the Dead Sea
Thursday: Hebron: Abraham’s tomb, Jewish Settlements. Lunch with a local family.
Friday: Jerusalem: Wailing Wall, Mount of Olives, Gethsemani, Church of All Nations
Saturday: Modern Jerusalem: Sheikh Jarrah, Abu Deis, ICAHD tour
Sunday: Bethlehem and Jerusalem: worshiping with messianic Jews and Palestinian Christians
Monday: Bethlehem: Service/volunteer day
Tuesday: Tiberias, Nazareth, Capernaum, Tabgha, Sea of Galilee.
Return to Tel Aviv & home
Jordan (optional) extension:
Wednesday: Dead Sea Resort, Jerash
Thursday: Petra Friday: Jesus's Baptismal site, Mount Nebo
This sounds wonderful, what do I do now?
- Click "Get tickets" and select how many spots you want to reserve. (This trip is limited to 20 people, and it will sell out.)
- Decide if you want to attend the additional 3 day trip to Jordan. (+$900)
- Proceed to check out. This cost reserves your spot for the trip in 2017.
- We will contact you to arrange the full payment. You can send us a check for the full amount (11 day trip - $2450) or split it into two payments (11 day trip - $1225 each). Trips must be paid for by Feb 1, 2017.
- Book your calendar, we're headed to Israel and Palestine!
What does this experience of a lifetime cost?
The cost is $2450 plus airfare. This prices is inclusive of lodging, breakfast, dinner, and transportation. A non-refundable deposit of $25 is due on NOVEMBER 1, 2016 to secure your place on your trip. You will be responsible for booking your own travel, but we can help you find the best deals and schedules. The pilgrimage is limited to 20 participants, so let us know your interest as soon as you can.
What can I expect on the day to day activities?
Each day will include prayer, group reflection, and educational content. Typically, each day will have two major touring or engagement activities--morning and afternoon--followed by evening reflection. Accomodations are modest but very comfortable.
What do I need to travel to Israel?
You will need a valid, up to date passport (and it needs to be valid for at least 6 months after you arrive). Currently, you don't need a visa to travel to Israel.
I have questions, who can I email?
Email UU Christian Fellowship Executive Director, Rev. Jake Morrill, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.