CleanEdison Solar PV Mastery Training LA - New Orleans Jan 06, 2014
Monday, January 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Friday, January 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PST)
New Orleans, LA
CleanEdison's Solar PV Mastery Combo course aligns with the standards set forth by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to become fully certified solar energy professionals.
Why Take This Course:
- Employers and customers expect Solar Panel Installation Training for installers, and NABCEP certification is often required to qualify for installation incentives and rebates.
- This course provides all 58 hours (18 basic* and 40 advanced) of training required for NABCEP PV Installer Certification.
- You can enter this course as an absolute beginner, and you will leave with the advanced knowledge needed to stand out as an experienced and qualified photovoltaic installer, project manager, or system design engineer.
- This Solar Energy Training course is IREC ISPQ Accredited and was designed to NABCEP's Job Task Analysis
- You will gain solar installation skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- The solar energy industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
*18 basic credit hours can only be achieved by successfully passing the NABCEP Entry Level exam.
There are no prerequisites. Our Solar PV Mastery Combo Course is ideal for:
- Anyone who aspires to become a certified solar PV installation professional
What You'll Learn:
CleanEdison's Solar PV Mastery Course begins with the 20-hour Entry Level Photovoltaic online course. Then, you will join experienced Solar industry professionals for the 5-day Advanced Solar Photovoltaic live class.
Online Course Objectives:
- Calculate basic electricity values
- Identify the elements of PV systems
- Recognize important PV terms
- Understand the history of PV
- Identify consumers of PV technology
- Recognize advantages and disadvantages of PV systems
- Identify types of PV systems
- Understand daily and annual solar variations
- Understand the importance of PV location
- Learn about techniques for shading analysis
- Be able to calculate electricity production from a PV system
- Learn about additional resources and solar energy employment opportunities
Day 1 Course Outline:
- Section A1: Verify Client Needs
- Section A2: Review Site Survey
- Section A3: Confirm System Sizing
- Section A4: Review Design of Energy Storage Systems
- Section A5: Confirm String Sizing Calculations
- Section A6: Review System Component Selection
- Section A7: Review Wiring and Conduit Size Calculations
Day 2 Course Outline:
- Section A8: Review Overcurrent Protection
- Section A9: Review Fastener Selection
- Section A10: Review Plan Sets
- Section B1: Conduct Pre-Construction Meetings
- Section B2: Secure Permits and Approval
- Section B3: Manage Project Labor
- Section B4: Adapt System Design
Day 3 Course Outline:
- Section B5: Manage Project Equipment
- Section B6: Implement a Site-Specific Safety Plan
- Section C1: Mitigate Electrical Hazards
- Section C2: Install Grounding Systems
- Section C3: Install Conduit and Raceways
- Section C4: Install Electrial Components
- Section C5: Install Circuit Conductors
Day 4 Course Outline:
- Section C6: Install UtilityInterconnection
- Section C7: Install System Instrumentation
- Section C8: Install Battery Components
- Section D1: Install Equipment Foundation
- Section D2: Install Mounting Syste,
- Section D3: Install PV Modules
- Section E1: Testing the System
Day 5 Course Outline:
- Section E2: Commission th System
- Section E3: Complete System Documentation
- Section E4: Orient Customer to System
- Section F1: Conducting Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Section F2: Perform Visual Inspection
- Section F3: Verify System Operation
- Section F4: Perform Corrective Actions
- Section F5: Verify Effectiveness of Corrective Actions
- 20-hour online Entry Level Solar Photovoltaic class to be completed anytime on your schedule
- 5-day Advanced Solar Photovoltaic course, including 4 days in the classroom and 1 full day of hands-on training with real panels
- Both Options Include -
- 100 practice questions for the NABCEP PV Installer exam.
- National Electric Code Handbook 2011. $133 value
- Photovoltaics Design and Installation Manual. $60 value
- NABCEP Entry Level Exam fee, if requested. $95 value
CleanEdison's Solar PV Mastery course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification.
When & Where
Award-Winning Energy Audit Training, LEED Certification and Solar Training at CleanEdison
CleanEdison LLC is a competitively priced training provider of LEED Certification and LEED Exam Prep, Energy Audit Training through the Building Performance Institute (BPI), Hybrid Training, Solar Training and Geothermal Classes. CleanEdison’s government funding specialists are experts in uncovering available government financing for our leading Hybrid Auto training as well. CleanEdison understands that training professionals and employees in these areas can be costly and time consuming. That's why we do everything we can to help you take advantage of government financing incentives, grant opportunties and incumbent worker training programs across various states and local areas to find the funding necessary to get the training necessary to compete in a Green economy.
Solar Training at CleanEdison
CleanEdison’s Solar Thermal program provides a 5-day intensive training and accreditation service. The uniquely designed learning approach for Solar Energy Training incorporates Instructor-led lectures and hands-on labs (at about a 60/40 class time ratio) including the use of site- assessment tools for Solar Training and solar design.
Energy Audit Training, LEED Certification, LEED Exam Prep and Solar Training - Award Winning Curriculum
Winner of the 2009 CTN Green Excellence Seal for Green Education, CleanEdison is part of the US Green Building Council’s Education Provider Program and an approved affiliate of the Building Performance Institute (BPI). The enclosed proposal reflects the exceptional depth and breadth of our business, which benefits corporate organizations and non-profit entities both from an operations and financial standpoint. CleanEdison's course offers a review of all the topics and information you will need to know to pass any of your exams, from Energy Audit Training to LEED Certification and give you the confidence and knowledge you need to pass on your first attempt.