CleanEdison RESNET HERS Rater Training IL - Chicago May 26, 2014
Monday, May 26, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
CleanEdison's RESNET HERS Rater course aligns with the standards of excellence set forth by the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to analyze the energy efficiency of newly constructed buildings.
Why Take This Course:
- A RESNET HERS Rater certification is particularly valuable for new construction because RESNET’s Home Energy Rating System is the only way to qualify new homes for the Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR label.
- There is a $2000 45L Tax Credit for homebuilders/contractors that construct homes that are 50% more energy efficient than the IECC 2004 standard, provided that they have HERS Rater Certification.
- This training can stand alone, or it can be a complement to our BPI certification courses.
- Our classes are taught by energy auditing experts who are fully qualified RESNET HERS Raters and our course materials are fully approved by the RESNET Training and Education Committee.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Our RESNET HERS Rater training is ideal for:
- Insulation professionals
- HVAC professionals
- General contractors
- Home inspectors
- Anyone else interested in analyzing the energy efficiency in residential homes.
What You'll Learn:
CleanEdison's Home Energy Rater Services (HERS) training is a 32-hour training course that meets national standards for energy raters adopted by the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET).
- Have an understanding of the various types within a home, their components and functions and how they inter-operate
- Know the process of completing a RESNET HERS Rater and be able to communicate this to Customers
- Be able to conduct safetu and performance tests to assess system conditions, identify savings opportunities and prepare a "workscope" with meaningful, cost effective retrofit solutions
- Pass the RESNET HERS Rater written and field exams
Day 1 Course Outline:
- Section 1: What is RESNET
- Section 2: Building Science Basics
- Section 3: Building Shell
- Section 4: Windows and Doors
Day 2 Course Outline:
- Section 5: Exterior Audit Air Leakages
- Section 6: Insulation
- Section 7: Light & Appliances
- Section 8: Cooling Systems
Day 3 Course Outline:
- Section 9: Heating Systems
- Section 10: Water Heating Systems
- Section11: Health and Safety
- Section 12: Rating Procedure
- Section 13: Computing the Rating
- Section 14: Rem/Rate Training
- Section 15: Putting the Rater and Rating to Work
Day 4 Course Outline:
- Field Work
- 4-day course includes 24 hours of classroom instruction, field training and 2 of the 5 provisional audits needed for certification
- CleanEdison HERS Rater Student Manual ($95 Value)
- HERS Rater Exam fee ($100 Value)
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
CleanEdison's RESNET HERS Rater course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized RESNET HERS Rater certification.
When & Where
At CleanEdison, our mission is to promote clean technology and sustainable building practices throughout the United States with exceptional training, education and career assistance. We are a national training provider offering online, in-classroom, and hands-on vocational training to professionals, businesses, postsecondary institutions, government organizations and novices.
To date, CleanEdison has trained and certified thousands of individuals through the largest open enrollment clean technology program in the nation. Our training courses aim to develop a new group of professionals with the knowledge and expertise needed to lead the industry in a more environmentally and economically sustainable direction. With hundreds of hours of proprietary content, CleanEdison offers standardized courses to prepare students to gain nationally-recognized certifications in these growing sectors.
Our most popular courses include: Solar Training for NABCEP Certification, LEED Certification exam preparation and BPI Certification and HERS Rater Training courses.