CleanEdison LEED AP Building Design & Construction Exam Prep IL - Chicago Aug 23, 2014
Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Sunday, August 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
CleanEdison's LEED AP Building Design + Construction course aligns with the professional standards of excellence set forth by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and accreditation needed to show advanced knowledge of green building design and construction.
Why Take This Course:
- Federal, state and municipal ordinances continue to set LEED as the standard for all new construction of public buildings.
- The ever-increasing number of buildings seeking LEED Certification means that project managers and owners are seeking to hire those with LEED AP qualifications for their knowledge of the LEED process and green building practices.
- The course can be taken either in person or online
- You will gain knowledge green building practices that can immediately be applied to the field
- The green building industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
LEED Project Experience is a prerequisite for taking your LEED AP Exam.
Our LEED AP BD+C course is ideal for:
- Anyone involved in new construction of energy efficient buildings.
What You'll Learn:
CleanEdison's 16- hour exam preparation course for the LEED AP Building Design & Construction exam is geared towards professionals participating in the design and construction phases of durable, economical, and efficient high-performance buildings.
- Have an understanding of the various types systems within a home, their components and functions and how they inter-operate
- Know the process of completing a LEED AP Design and Construction and be able to communicate this to Customers
- Be able to conduct safety and performance tests to assess system condition, identify savings opportunities and prepare a "workshop" with meaningful, cost effective retrofit solutions
- Pass the LEED AP Design and Construction
Day 1 Course Outline:
- Section 1: Introduction to USGBC and LEED rating systems
- Section 2: Exam Overview
- Section 3: How to Interpret the Reference Guide
- Section 4: LEED Logistics and Process
- Section 5: LEED Online Documentation Requirements
- Section 6: LEED Online Documentation Requirements
- Section 7: Sustainable Sites
- Section 8: Water Efficiency
- Section 9: Energy and Atmosphere
Day 2 Course Outline:
- Section 10: Materials and Resources
- Section 11: Indoor Environmental Quality
- Section 12: Innovation and Design
- Section 13: Regional Priority
- Section 14: Prerequistes, Synergiesm Referenced Standards, and Responsible Parties In-Depth
- Section 15: Exam Tips and Suggestion
- Section 16: Practice Exam
- 2-day live course with classroom instruction
- 400 practice exam questions
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
CleanEdison's LEED AP Design and Construction course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized LEED BD+C certification.
When & Where
At CleanEdison, our mission is to promote clean technology and sustainable building practices throughout the United States with exceptional training, education and career assistance. We are a national training provider offering online, in-classroom, and hands-on vocational training to professionals, businesses, postsecondary institutions, government organizations and novices.
To date, CleanEdison has trained and certified thousands of individuals through the largest open enrollment clean technology program in the nation. Our training courses aim to develop a new group of professionals with the knowledge and expertise needed to lead the industry in a more environmentally and economically sustainable direction. With hundreds of hours of proprietary content, CleanEdison offers standardized courses to prepare students to gain nationally-recognized certifications in these growing sectors.
Our most popular courses include: Solar Training for NABCEP Certification, LEED Certification exam preparation and BPI Certification and HERS Rater Training courses.