CleanEdison BPI WHALCI Weatherization Training IL - Chicago May 26, 2014
Monday, May 26, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
CleanEdison's BPI Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer course aligns with the professional standards of excellence set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This BPI training will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to excel in the home energy performance industry.
Why Take This Course:
- The BPI Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer Certification will also make your company eligible to apply for BPI Accreditation, which allows your firm to take advantage of federal, state and local incentive programs that are available only to firms with accreditation.
- Many energy auditors do not have the skills necessary to actually install their recommendations, this certification will provide businesses will a valuabe additional service
- The home energy performance industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
Who Should Take This Course:
There are no prerequisites. Our BPI Whole House Installer training is ideal for:
- Home inspectors
- General contractors
- HVAC technicians
- Insulation professionals
- Other individuals interested in installing weatherization improvements.
What You’ll Learn:
This 35-hour Weatherization Installer training course prepares participants to implement home performance and weatherization retrofits to BPI’s “house-as-a-system” best practice standards.
- Causes of Air Movement
- Safety Equipment
- Dense Packing Insulation
- Stack Effect & Convection
- Combustion Safety
- BPI Exam Review
- 4-day course includes 14 hours of classroom instruction and 22 hours of live field training
- CleanEdison Weatherization Installer Student Manual ($95 value)
- Live review session with practice questions
- All scheduling and fees for the written and field test
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
CleanEdison’s Weatherization course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized BPI Residential Building Envelope Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer certification.
A 70% on the written exam and successful completion of the field exam will earn the candidate the nationally recognized BPI Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer Certification.
When & Where
At CleanEdison, our mission is to promote clean technology and sustainable building practices throughout the United States with exceptional training, education and career assistance. We are a national training provider offering online, in-classroom, and hands-on vocational training to professionals, businesses, postsecondary institutions, government organizations and novices.
To date, CleanEdison has trained and certified thousands of individuals through the largest open enrollment clean technology program in the nation. Our training courses aim to develop a new group of professionals with the knowledge and expertise needed to lead the industry in a more environmentally and economically sustainable direction. With hundreds of hours of proprietary content, CleanEdison offers standardized courses to prepare students to gain nationally-recognized certifications in these growing sectors.
Our most popular courses include: Solar Training for NABCEP Certification, LEED Certification exam preparation and BPI Certification and HERS Rater Training courses.