CleanEdison BPI Envelope Professional Training IL - Chicago Aug 11, 2014
Monday, August 11, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Saturday, August 16, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
CleanEdison's BPI Enveope Professional course aligns with the professional standards set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This advanced energy auditor training will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to excel in the home energy performance industry.
Why Take This Course:
- This BPI Certification, in conjunction with the BPI Building Analyst certification, will make your company eligible to apply for BPI Accreditation. Accreditation allows your firm to take advantage of federal, state and local incentive programs that are available only to firms with accreditation.
- The classroom portion of the course can be taken either in person or online
- You will gain energy auditing skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- The home energy performance industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
Who Should Take This Course:
There are no prerequisites, although the BPI Building Analyst Certification is recommended. Most individuals take the BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional Combo.
Our BPI Envelope Shell training is ideal for:
- Home inspectors
- General contractors
- HVAC technicians
- Insulation professionals
- Anyone interested in the energy-related aspects of a building's exterior.
What You'll Learn:
CleanEdison's 18-hour Envelope Professional course focuses on the thermal and pressure boundaries of a building as well as ways to enhance the building envelope through insulation and air-sealing techniques.
- Have an understanding of the various types of styems within a home, their components and functions and how they inter-operate
- Know the process of completing a BPI Enevelope Professional and be able to communicate this to Customers
- Be able to conduct safety and performance tests to assess system condition, identify savings opportunities and prepare a "workscope" with meaningful, cost effective retrofit solutions
- Pass the BPI Enevlope Professional written and fields exam
Day 1 Course Outline:
- Section 1: Energy Basics
- Section 2: Moisture
- Section 3: Thermal Boundary
- Section 4: Pressured Boundary
- Section 5: Mechanical Ventilation
- Section 6: Pressure Diagnostics
- Section 7: Forced Air Distribution System
- Section 8: Combustion Safety
- Recap of BPI Standards
Day 2 Course Outline:
- Blower Door testing
- CAZ testing
- Duct Blaster testing
- Heat loss determination
- 3-day course includes 10 hours of classroom instruction (live or online) and 8 hours of live field training
- Online materials for self-study before the course
- CleanEdison Envelope Professional Student Manual ($95 value)
- A copy of the BPI Technical Standards
- Live review session with practice questions
- All exam fees, written and field exam scheduling
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
CleanEdison's BPI Envelope Professional course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized BPI Envelope certification.
When & Where
At CleanEdison, our mission is to promote clean technology and sustainable building practices throughout the United States with exceptional training, education and career assistance. We are a national training provider offering online, in-classroom, and hands-on vocational training to professionals, businesses, postsecondary institutions, government organizations and novices.
To date, CleanEdison has trained and certified thousands of individuals through the largest open enrollment clean technology program in the nation. Our training courses aim to develop a new group of professionals with the knowledge and expertise needed to lead the industry in a more environmentally and economically sustainable direction. With hundreds of hours of proprietary content, CleanEdison offers standardized courses to prepare students to gain nationally-recognized certifications in these growing sectors.
Our most popular courses include: Solar Training for NABCEP Certification, LEED Certification exam preparation and BPI Certification and HERS Rater Training courses.