CleanEdison BPI Building Analyst Training IL - Chicago Jun 16, 2014
Monday, June 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
CleanEdison's BPI Building Analyst course aligns with the professional standards of excellence set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This BPI training will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to excel in the home energy performance industry.
Why take this course:
- BPI Building Analyst certification is the nation's most widely recognized energy auditor certification
- This BPI Building Analyst course covers the fundamental knowledge recommended before taking advanced BPI Certifications that will allow your company to apply for BPI Accreditation. Most individuals take the BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional Combo to take advantage of BPI Accreditation
- The classroom portion of the course can be taken either in person or online
- You will gain energy auditing skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- The home energy performance industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
Who Should Take This Course:
There are no prerequisites. Our BPI Building Analyst training is ideal for:
- Home inspectors
- General contractors
- HVAC technicians
- Insulation professionals
- Home builders
- Anyone interested in a career in energy auditing.
What You'll Learn:
Our energy audit training incorporates BPI Training standards, which emphasize the 'house-as-a-system' approach to energy auditing. This model recognizes that all systems are interconnected, from gas and electric appliances to heating and cooling systems, to the building envelope, foundation, walls, roof, doors and windows.
- Have an understanding of the various types systems within a home, their components and functions and how they inter-operate
- Know the process of completing a BPI energy audit to Building Analyst Standards and be able to communicate this to Customers
- Be able to conduct safety and performance tests to assess system condition, identify savings opportunities and prepare a "workscope" with meaningful, cost effective solutions
- Pass the BPI Building Analyst written and field exams
Day 1 Course Outline:
Introductions & Paperwork
- Section 1: What is BPI?
- Section 2: Building Science Basics
- Section 3: ExteriorAudit - (Building Shell)
- Section 4: ExteriorAudit - (Windows & Doors)
- Section 5: Exterior Audit - (Air Leakages)
Day 2 Course Outline:
- Section 6: Insulation Audit
- Section 7: Lighting and Appliances Audit
- Section 8: Heating Systems Audit
- Section 9: Cooling Systems Audit
- Section 10: Water Heating System Audit
- Section 11: Health & Safety
- Section 12: Assessment Process - The Audit
- Section 13: Assessment Process - Overview
Day 3 Course Outline:
- AM - Field Training - Audit Demonstration
- PM - Field Training - Candidate Audit Hands-On
Day 4 Course Outline:
- 8:00 - 10:00 Review for Written Test
- 10:00 - 12:00 Online Test
- 1:00 - 5:00 Field Test (2hr Slots)
Day 5 (6 if necessary) Course Outline:
- 9:00am - 5:00pm Field Test (2 hr Slots)
- 4-day course includes 18 hours of classroom instruction (live or online) and 10 hours of live field BPI training
- Online materials for self-study before the course
- CleanEdison BPI Building Analyst Essentials Textbook ($99 value)
- A copy of the BPI Technical Standards
- Live review session with practice questions
- All scheduling and fees for both the written exam and field test
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
CleanEdison's BPI Building Analyst course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized BPI Building Analyst certification.
When & Where
At CleanEdison, our mission is to promote clean technology and sustainable building practices throughout the United States with exceptional training, education and career assistance. We are a national training provider offering online, in-classroom, and hands-on vocational training to professionals, businesses, postsecondary institutions, government organizations and novices.
To date, CleanEdison has trained and certified thousands of individuals through the largest open enrollment clean technology program in the nation. Our training courses aim to develop a new group of professionals with the knowledge and expertise needed to lead the industry in a more environmentally and economically sustainable direction. With hundreds of hours of proprietary content, CleanEdison offers standardized courses to prepare students to gain nationally-recognized certifications in these growing sectors.
Our most popular courses include: Solar Training for NABCEP Certification, LEED Certification exam preparation and BPI Certification and HERS Rater Training courses.