CleanEdison BPI AC/Heat Pump Training IL - Chicago May 05, 2014
Monday, May 5, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
CleanEdison's BPI AC / Heat Pump course aligns with the professional standards of excellence set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to excel in the home energy performance industry.
Why Take This Course:
- Paired with the BPI Building Analyst certification, the BPI Air Conditioning / Heat Pump Cooling Certification makes your firm eligible for BPI Accreditation. BPI Accreditation is vital for home performance contracting companies who wish to participate in state and federal incentives that require work to be completed by accredited companies only.
- Cooling systems account for 30% of residential energy use. This certification proves that you have the skills to make significant reduction in your clients' costs.
- You will gain energy efficiency skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- The home energy performance industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
Who Should Take This Course:
Course prerequisite: National Recycling and Emission Reduction Program; EPA 608 Level II or Universal certification are required in order to take this class.
Our BPI AC / Heat Pump training is ideal for:
- Energy auditors
- Home inspectors
- HVAC technicians
- General contractors
- Home builders
- Insulation Professionals
- Anyone interested in a career in energy auditing.
What You'll Learn:
CleanEdison's 20-hour Air Conditioning / Heat Pump Cooling Professional course gives participants the opportunity to work with the equipment they’ll come across every day on the job and understand the role these systems play within the house-as-a-system approach.
- Combustion appliance testing
- Current usage vs. proposed savings
- Sizing, calculations, & conservation measures
- General home visual inspection
- Electrical & water management
- Health and Safety
- 3-day course includes 10 hours of live classroom instruction and 10 hours of field training working with real equipment
- CleanEdison BPI AC / Heat Pump Student Manual ($95 value)
- All exam fees, written and field exam scheduling
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
The AC / Heat Pump Professional course prepares trainees to sit for the 100-question written exam and perform the 2-hour field exams for BPI Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Professional certification taken upon completion of the course.
A 70% on the written exam and successful completion of the field exam will earn the candidate the nationally recognized BPI AC/Heat Pump certification.
When & Where
At CleanEdison, our mission is to promote clean technology and sustainable building practices throughout the United States with exceptional training, education and career assistance. We are a national training provider offering online, in-classroom, and hands-on vocational training to professionals, businesses, postsecondary institutions, government organizations and novices.
To date, CleanEdison has trained and certified thousands of individuals through the largest open enrollment clean technology program in the nation. Our training courses aim to develop a new group of professionals with the knowledge and expertise needed to lead the industry in a more environmentally and economically sustainable direction. With hundreds of hours of proprietary content, CleanEdison offers standardized courses to prepare students to gain nationally-recognized certifications in these growing sectors.
Our most popular courses include: Solar Training for NABCEP Certification, LEED Certification exam preparation and BPI Certification and HERS Rater Training courses.