CleanEdison Advanced Solar PV Training NY - Long Island Jan 20, 2014
Monday, January 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PST)
CleanEdison's Advanced Solar Installation course aligns with the standards set forth by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to become fully certified solar energy professionals.
Why Take This Course:
- CleanEdison's Advanced Solar PV training both provides the required advanced training hours and exam preparation for the NABCEP PV Installer Certification exam.
- As the solar industry continues to mature, employers and customers are beginning to expect NABCEP Certification for installers.
- Participants in this course will have the opportunity to gain the advanced knowledge needed to stand out as an experienced and qualified photovoltaic installer, business owner, project manager or system design engineer.
- This Solar Energy Training course is IREC ISPQ Accredited and was designed to NABCEP's Job Task Analysis
- You will gain solar installation skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- Ther solar energy industry is one of the fastest growing secotrs in the nation
There are no prerequisites, but it is highly recommended to take CleanEdison's Entry Level Solar PV training beforehand. Most people take the Solar PV Mastery Combo Course
Our Advanced Solar Training is ideal for:
- Anyone with experience in solar PV installation who want to qualify for the NABCEP PV Installer Exam.
What You'll Learn:
CleanEdison's 40-hour intensive 5-day Advanced Solar PV training course covers a wide range of topics, including current industry standards for photovoltaic system design and installation best practices.
- Have an understanding of the various types systms within a home, their components and functions and how they inter-operate
- Know the process of completing an Advanced Solar PV Training and be able to communicate this to Customers
- Be able to conduct safety performance tests to assess system condition, identify saving opportunities and prepare a ""workscope"" with meaningful, cost effective retrofit solutions
- Pass the Advanced Solar PV Training written and field exams
Day 1 Course Outline:
- Section A1: Verify System Design
- Section A2: Review Site Survey
- Section A3: Confirm System Sizing
- Section A4: Review Design of Energy Storage Systems
- Section A5: Confirm String Sizing Calculations
- Section A6: Review System Components
- Section A7: Review Wiring and Conduit Size Calculations
Day 2 Course Outline:
- Section A8: Review Overcurrent Protection
- Section A9: Review Fastener Selection
- Section A10: Review Plan Sets
- Section B1: Conduct Pre-Construction Meetings
- Section B2: Secure Permits and Approval
- Section B3: Manage Project Labor
- Section B4: Adapt System Design
Day 3 Course Outline:
- Section B5: Manage Project Equipment
- Section B6: Implement A Site-Specific Safety Plan
- Section C1: Mitigate Electrical Hazards
- Section C2: Install Grounding Systems
- Section C3: Install Conduit and Raceways
- Section C4: Install Electrical Components
- Section C5: Install Circuit Conductors
Day 4 Course Outline:
- Section C6: Install Utility Interconnections
- Section C7: Install Utility System Instrumentation
- Section C8: Install Battery Components
- Section D1: Install Equipment Foundations
- Section D2: Install Mounting System
- Section D3: Install PV Modules
- Section E1: Test the System
Day 5 Course Outline:
- Section E2: Commission the System
- Section E3: Complete System Documentation
- Section E4: Orient Customer to System
- Section F1: Conducting Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Section F2: Perform Visual Inspection
- Section F3: Verify System Operation
- Section F4: Verify Effectiveness of Corrective Action
- Live Option: 5-day, 40-hour course includes 4 days in the classroom with components and a full day of hands-on training in the field with real panels
- 100 practice questions for the NABCEP PV Installer exam.
- National Electrical Code Handbook 2011. $133 value
- Photovoltaics Design and Installation Manual. $60 value
CleanEdison's Advanced Solar PV course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification.
When & Where
Award-Winning Energy Audit Training, LEED Certification and Solar Training at CleanEdison
CleanEdison LLC is a competitively priced training provider of LEED Certification and LEED Exam Prep, Energy Audit Training through the Building Performance Institute (BPI), Hybrid Training, Solar Training and Geothermal Classes. CleanEdison’s government funding specialists are experts in uncovering available government financing for our leading Hybrid Auto training as well. CleanEdison understands that training professionals and employees in these areas can be costly and time consuming. That's why we do everything we can to help you take advantage of government financing incentives, grant opportunties and incumbent worker training programs across various states and local areas to find the funding necessary to get the training necessary to compete in a Green economy.
Solar Training at CleanEdison
CleanEdison’s Solar Thermal program provides a 5-day intensive training and accreditation service. The uniquely designed learning approach for Solar Energy Training incorporates Instructor-led lectures and hands-on labs (at about a 60/40 class time ratio) including the use of site- assessment tools for Solar Training and solar design.
Energy Audit Training, LEED Certification, LEED Exam Prep and Solar Training - Award Winning Curriculum
Winner of the 2009 CTN Green Excellence Seal for Green Education, CleanEdison is part of the US Green Building Council’s Education Provider Program and an approved affiliate of the Building Performance Institute (BPI). The enclosed proposal reflects the exceptional depth and breadth of our business, which benefits corporate organizations and non-profit entities both from an operations and financial standpoint. CleanEdison's course offers a review of all the topics and information you will need to know to pass any of your exams, from Energy Audit Training to LEED Certification and give you the confidence and knowledge you need to pass on your first attempt.