Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) – Intermediate- Toddler
Saturday, December 10, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 3:30 PM (PST)
Toddler CLASS- Intermediate
The Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) is a researched based observation tool that is used to help teachers and schools improve the effectiveness of classroom interactions. These interactions promote children’s social, emotional, and cognitive development. Children thrive when teachers create nurturing, well-managed settings and provide frequent and engaging opportunities to learn.
During this session, participants will:
- Review toddler development and classroom implications
- Learn about the two domains: Emotional and Behavioral Support and Engaged Support for learning
- View exemplary videos focused on Engaged Support for Learning
- Understand how teachers help children connect and integrate learning
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Engaged Support for Learning Domain
- Reflect on the CLASS tool and understand the link between effective teacher-child interactions and child outcomes
Save This Event
When & Where
Raising Quality Together (RQT): Sacramento County's QRIS
Raising Quality Together: Sacramento County’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) is a recognition and improvement system designed to engage early learning centers and family child care homes in a continuous quality improvement journey within the QRIS matrix. Raising Quality Together (RQT) and its partners support early learning programs’ growth with research-based professional development, assessment, mentoring, and resources.