Clarkson Toastmasters Youth Leadership Program
Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 1:00 PM - Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 1:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Every young person has the potential to become a good communicator and leader, but this potential needs to be developed. The program’s unique workshop-style design enables participants to develop this potential through practical experience.
The Youth Leadership Program was first introduced by Toastmasters International in April 1983 and is not in competition with school programs or courses, or other established youth projects. Instead, it’s a supplement to these programs, providing emphasis on specialized speaking and leadership skills, and individual needs. Participants learn to:
- Prepare and present speeches
- Overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience
- Control voice, vocabulary and gestures
- Organize and present ideas logically and convincingly
- Develop effective listening skills
- Evaluate and offer constructive feedback
- Offer advice to help others improve their speaking and leadership skills
- Participate in – and even lead – group discussion or meetings
Participants increase their self-confidence as they learn. They also make new friends and have fun. Toastmasters is an enjoyable learning experience!
The Youth Leadership Program consists of eight two-hour sessions that enable participants to develop communication and leadership skills through practical experience.
For further information see: http://tmd56.org/wp/members/youth-leadership-program/
Save This Event
When & Where
Karen Ryan, Coordinator - Clarkson Toastmasters Youth Leadership Program
The Clarkson Toastmasters Youth Leadership Program is hosted by the Clarkson Library and Community Centre and is sponsored by the Toastmasters Creekside TD Club in Mississauga with the financial help of a generous donor.