San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come hear from and discuss with civil liberties experts and other activists regarding the state of civil liberties in the United States and the promise of a turning point to restore the Bill of Rights. *
- Naomi Wolf, Author
- Shahid Buttar, Director of Bill of Rights Defense Committee
- Mike German, fellow with the Brennan Center for Justice
Activists have been working to repeal the Patriot Act and end the use of Executive Decrees disempowering the People's Rights for over a decade. We are working to ensure that three of the most pernicious provisions of the “PATRIOT Act” set to expire June 1st, 2015, are allowed to expire.
We've worked with some members of Congress who are on the same tip and have just introduced key civil liberties legislation on March 24th, 2015. The Surveillance State Repeal Act (SSRA), sponsored by Rep. Massie (R-Kentucky.) and introduced before the current Congress by Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wisc.) will shift the landscape on the patriot reauthorization debate and will remain available over the life of the Congressional session. We are organizing with civil liberties organizations and activists to ensure it passes.
* Reverse the loss of civil liberties rationalized by the 'Global War on Terror”
* Reverse the militarization of the police
* End the criminalization of formerly 1st amendment protected activity like prayer and protest
* Protect Black Lives Matter, Occupy Wall Street and all other activists, non-profit organizations, and representatives of the People from targeting by the NYPD Commissioner Bratton, other municipal police forces, Joint Terrorism Task Forces and national “counter-terror” forces including the NSA, FBI and CIA.
Growing coalition wants your input and participation to fight back against surveillance police state tactics.
When & Where
OpenITP provides developers of open source anti-surveillance and anti-censorship tools with diverse type of support. We believe circumvention tech tools are essential to enable anonymous, secure, and unrestricted communication on the Internet.