San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Business Volunteers at our next
Civic Leadership Workshop:
Leading and Managing Projects & Teams
This series of workshops is designed to develop professional skills while building professional networks through conversations and engaging activities.
This specific workshop focuses on overcoming the challenges of leading and managing a project team within the community by empowering team members to use vision, values, and goals.
Participants will learn to:
- Identify the critical distinctions between leading and managing
- Employ the key traits of both leading and managing for leading effective project teams
- Describe the myths and realities of leadership and management
- Build openness, trust, and respect among team members
- Break down communication barriers and foster interaction among team members
- Establish challenging goals, apply appropriate metrics, monitor results, and deliver effective feedback
- Apply group dynamic techniques for building high performance project teams in various team situations: face-to-face, virtual, and remote teams
- Surface and resolve team conflict constructively using team problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Set direction and commitment by focusing attention to vision, mission, values, and goals
- Create and sustain a climate for encouraging team creativity
- Apply techniques and strategies for prioritizing activities that best leverage limited resources and maximize team effectiveness
Trainer: Gib Mason is the COO, VP of Finance & Administration at UMBC Training Centers. With more than 20 years' experience in leadership positions at a variety of companies in a variety of industries, Gib brings his vast experience and talents to all of his trainings.
- Light breakfast provided.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must sign in at the security desk in the lobby and show a photo ID.
There is parking available in the garage under the Legg Mason building. Visitors should pull a parking ticket upon entering the garage. Upon departing the garage, you must place the ticket you initially pulled for entry to the garage into the ticket reader followed by the validation ticket and then submit payment via a credit card due (credit card only).
If you would like to explore other cheaper parking options, please visit: http://www.harboreast.com/directions-and-parking/where-to-park/to learn more about parking in Harbor East.
Entrance to Legg Mason Tower from the parking garage. Go to the elevators and select button LR. Note the elevator exits from the opposite side.
Street entrance to Legg Mason Tower. From the circle (Harbor East Roundabout), the Legg Mason Tower building entrance is on International Drive (1/2 around the circle). The Carey School main entrance is adjacent to the Legg Mason lobby, the door closest to the harbor.
Upcoming Civic Leadership Workshops:
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - Building Collaborative Relationships & Networks
Thursday, October 5, 2017 – Developing Inspirational Leadership Skills
Questions? Contact Allie Gerstley at 410-366-6030 ext. 209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Save This Event
When & Where
Business Volunteers Maryland
Business Volunteers Maryland's mission is to inspire volunteerism and connect motivated people and businesses to nonprofit organizations leading to a stronger community. Business Volunteers trains and places business professionals on nonprofit boards; develops civic leaders; matches individuals with meaningful volunteer opportunities; creates partnerships between companies, local nonprofits and schools; and provides volunteer management training to nonprofits.