San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Business Volunteers at our next
Civic Leadership Workshop:
Developing Inspirational Leadership Skills
This series of workshops is designed to develop professional skills while building professional networks through conversations and engaging activities.
This specific workshop focuses on leveraging facilitative leadership to foster group problem solving and decision making creativity and collaboration in order to drive better outcomes.
Participants will learn to
- Use different methods for problem-solving, decision-making, innovative thinking, and achieving consensus
- Select the right technique for the right situation
- Leverage the knowledge, experience, and creativity of their people for making sound decisions and implementing effective action
- Increase group participation
- Encourage a diversity of perspectives
- Manage difficult participants
- Recognize dysfunction and tangents while maintaining focus
- Incorporate visual techniques for keeping the group focused
- Build an effective team outside of the working sessions
- Gain commitment for action
- Acknowledge and celebrate team accomplishments
- Plan, prepare for, and facilitate large group sessions
- Engage their staff in ways that move the organization toward a culture of participation
Trainer: Gib Mason is the COO, VP of Finance & Administration at UMBC Training Centers. With more than 20 years' experience in leadership positions at a variety of companies in a variety of industries, Gib brings his vast experience and talents to all of his trainings.
- Light breakfast provided.
- The event will take place on the second floor of the Weinberg Center in the Truman Semans Room.
- Park at the Weinberg Garage, bring your ticket with you.
Questions? Contact Allie Gerstley at 410-366-6030 ext. 209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Save This Event
When & Where
Business Volunteers Maryland
Business Volunteers Maryland's mission is to inspire volunteerism and connect motivated people and businesses to nonprofit organizations leading to a stronger community. Business Volunteers trains and places business professionals on nonprofit boards; develops civic leaders; matches individuals with meaningful volunteer opportunities; creates partnerships between companies, local nonprofits and schools; and provides volunteer management training to nonprofits.