San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Business Volunteers at our next
Civic Leadership Workshop:
Building Collaborative Relationships & Networks
This series of workshops is designed to develop professional skills while building professional networks through conversations and engaging activities.
This specific workshop focuses on developing collaborative relationships across your community in order to unify it, cultivate its leaders, and harness the power of its networks.
Participants will learn to:
- Foster an innovative environment of communication and collaboration
- Encourage the free flow of ideas by their team and organization
- Inspire collaboration by others
- Give and accept constructive feedback
- Identify the Rules of Engagement in a collaborative environment
- Facilitate collaborative discussion
- Apply different communication styles for facilitating collaboration
- Become open to discussing experiences, especially those that are shared
- Adopt methods for creating shared experiences
- Develop trust in their internal and external workplace relationships
- Ensure mutual benefit and equal transparency in their relationships
- Learn to listen actively and empathetically
- Show reciprocity by ensuring that relationships are two-way streets
Trainer: Gib Mason is the COO, VP of Finance & Administration at UMBC Training Centers. With more than 20 years' experience in leadership positions at a variety of companies in a variety of industries, Gib brings his vast experience and talents to all of his trainings.
- Light breakfast provided.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must sign in at the security desk in the lobby and show a photo ID.
There is parking available in the garage under the Legg Mason building. Visitors should pull a parking ticket upon entering the garage. Upon departing the garage, you must place the ticket you initially pulled for entry to the garage into the ticket reader followed by the validation ticket and then submit payment via a credit card due (credit card only).
If you would like to explore other cheaper parking options, please visit: http://www.harboreast.com/directions-and-parking/where-to-park/to learn more about parking in Harbor East.
Entrance to Legg Mason Tower from the parking garage. Go to the elevators and select button LR. Note the elevator exits from the opposite side.
Street entrance to Legg Mason Tower. From the circle (Harbor East Roundabout), the Legg Mason Tower building entrance is on International Drive (1/2 around the circle). The Carey School main entrance is adjacent to the Legg Mason lobby, the door closest to the harbor.
Upcoming Civic Leadership Workshop:
Thursday, October 5, 2017 – Developing Inspirational Leadership Skills
Questions? Contact Allie Gerstley at 410-366-6030 ext. 209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Save This Event
When & Where
Business Volunteers Maryland
Business Volunteers Maryland's mission is to inspire volunteerism and connect motivated people and businesses to nonprofit organizations leading to a stronger community. Business Volunteers trains and places business professionals on nonprofit boards; develops civic leaders; matches individuals with meaningful volunteer opportunities; creates partnerships between companies, local nonprofits and schools; and provides volunteer management training to nonprofits.