Actions and Detail Panel
Civic Engagement & Leadership Development 2017
Sat, Feb 25, 2017, 10:00 AM – Sat, May 13, 2017, 12:00 PM EST
Registration has filled, but we encourage you to join the waitlist and we will reach out if seats become available.
Attend discussions led by Murphy Institute faculty as well as practitioners who are experts in civic engagement, politics, the history of mass movements and public policy making.
- To Engage in the Democratic Process
- To Become an Effective Leader
- To Actively Participate in Electoral, Legislative and Civic Activity
Attend at least 8 sessions and receive a certificate of completion Saturdays, Feb 25, March 4, 18, 25, April 1, 22, 29, May 6, 13, 2017.
10am – 12pm
- Civic Engagement: Concepts and Contexts
- Pivotal Moments and Movements in U.S. History
- Engaging and Embracing Demographic Diversity
- Advocating Issues in Electoral and Non-Electoral Contexts
- Post-Election Challenges
- Engaging the Policymaking Process
- Navigating Progressive Priorities Through the Budget Process
- Building Influence within Government Institutions
- Knowledge: How Effective Leaders and Activists Empower Themselves
- Leadership Challenges
Registration Deadline is February 17th, 2017