The Alliance Française de Washington is proud to partner with French magazine, Les Cahiers du Cinéma for the Ciné-Club: a series of screenings and discussions on César-winning French-language films!
These soirées will be led by NICHOLAS ELLIOTT, U.S. Correspondent for Les Cahiers du Cinéma; Nicholas Elliott is a writer, filmmaker, and French/English translator in New York. Along with his work at Les Cahiers du Cinéma, he is a
Contributing Editor for Film for BOMB magazine.
Nicholas will introduce each film before the screening. After the film is screened, Nicholas will lead a discussion of the film and will moderate a Q&A Session with viewers!
All films will be screened in French with English subtitles.
For the second evening, discover the movie that will be screeened:
Rois & Reine (Kings & Queen)
2004, Arnaud Desplechin | Wednesday, February 8th
While taking care of her terminally ill father, Nora decides to reach out to her estranged partner Ismaël to help her young son deal with his grandfather’s cancer diagnosis. She discovers that Ismaël has been admitted to a mental hospital against his will.
Check out the trailer here!
Comedy & Drama | Film not rated | 150 minutes
In French with English subtitles
AFDC Member & Culture Pass: $ 5
General Admission: $12
Culture & Events policies:
- The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
- Guests must pay the non-member price.
- Refunds will be issued when Alliance française cancels an event, or upon a 24-hour request for refund with or without cause sent via email to cultureaf(at)francedc.org by an attendee. No other refunds will be given.
- The cultural department highly recommends advanced registration (online, by phone, or in person), as events sell out quickly.
- If tickets are available, the AFDC can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash (exact change only). The AFDC cannot make change at the door. The AFDC reserves the right to refuse entry to sold out events.