The Alliance Française de Washington is proud to partner with French magazine, Les Cahiers du Cinéma for the Ciné-Club: a series of screenings and discussions on César-winning French-language films!
These soirées will be led by NICHOLAS ELLIOTT, U.S. Correspondent for Les Cahiers du Cinéma; Nicholas Elliott is a writer, filmmaker, and French/English translator in New York. Along with his work at Les Cahiers du Cinéma, he is a contributing Editor for Film for BOMB magazine.
Nicholas will introduce each film before the screening. After the film is screened, Nicholas will lead a discussion of the film and will moderate a Q&A Session with viewers!
For the third and last evening, discover the movie that will be screeened:
Les Amours Imaginaires (Heartbeats)
2010, Xavier Dolan | Wednesday, March 15th
Two best friends, Francis & Marie, have their friendship shaken up when they meet the handsome Nicolas. The three find themselves in a love triangle with both Francis and Marie trying to compete for Nicolas’s indeterminate affections.
Romance & Drama | PG-13 | 142 minutes
Check out the trailer here!
We invite you for a Happy Hour from 6:30pm to 7:00pm - The movie will start at 7:00PM.
In French with English subtitles
AFDC Member & Culture Pass: $ 5
General Admission: $12
Culture & Events policies:
- The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
- Guests must pay the non-member price.
- Refunds will be issued when Alliance française cancels an event, or upon a 24-hour request for refund with or without cause sent via email to cultureaf(at)francedc.org by an attendee. No other refunds will be given.
- The cultural department highly recommends advanced registration (online, by phone, or in person), as events sell out quickly.
- If tickets are available, the AFDC can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash (exact change only). The AFDC cannot make change at the door. The AFDC reserves the right to refuse entry to sold out events.