WOULD YOU LIKE TO ASK A FORMER NSA AND CIA DIRECTOR WHAT IT’S LIKE?
The Cold War Museum, in cooperation with Old Bust Head Brewing Company, invites you to attend a presentation by General Michael Hayden, the former Director of both the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency, and his wife Jeanine, a former NSA staffer, on
CIA and NSA: A View from the Top
General Hayden will comment on the challenges that faced both NSA and CIA during his time as Director of each, and how the leadership there dealt with them, a topic on which he’s had much to say in his recent bestselling book Playing to the Edge: American Intelligence in the Age of Terror. Jeanine Hayden will take some of their time to talk about what it’s like to be both an intelligence professional in your own right and the spouse of one of the leading actors in the community, drawing on events she observed.
This is the third in a series of presentations sponsored by the Museum and other Vint Hill entities such as Old Bust Head and the Vint Hill Craft Winery featuring expert eyewitnesses to significant Cold War and related events and activities. The Hayden presentation will occur at the Brewery, followed by special access to the Museum (across from the Brewery) with a tour for event participants. NOTE: The Museum has recently purchased a portable PA system to enhance the audience experience; it includes wireless mikes to facilitate questions to the speaker.
Date: Sunday, March 19
Time: 1:00 PM (Arrival: 12:15-12:50 PM)
Cost: $35 (advance sales online), which covers the presentation with Q&A, a $7 coupon for the Brewery’s craft beers or other beverages, a $20 contribution to the Cold War Museum, and special access to the Museum (directly across from the Brewery) for event participants following the presentation. $45 at the door (if there are any seats available.)
Location: Old Bust Head Brewing Company, 7134 Farm Station Road, Vint Hill, VA 20187, https://www.oldbusthead.com/, and the Cold War Museum, 7142 Lineweaver Road, Vint Hill, VA 20187, www.coldwar.org.
- 12:15-12:50. Participants arrive at the Brewery; they may get their beer at this time after they have checked in and received their $7 beverage coupon, good for a variety of craft beers, Kombucha on tap, or selected nonalcoholic drinks in the Brewery’s retail area.
- 12:50-1:00. Jason Hall, Executive Director of the Cold War Museum, introduces the Museum and the Haydens.
- 1:00-2:00. The Haydens present on The View from the Top.
- 2:00-2:30. Q&A opportunity for the audience.
- 2:30-3:00 Audience members may claim their beer at this time or buy additional beer/other beverages.
- 3:00-4:00 The Museum (directly across from the Brewery as you stand at the Brewery main entrance) will be open for event participants, with staff providing a tour for those interested.
Event seating at the Brewery is limited, and the previous event in this series sold out a month in advance, so we suggest that you secure your tickets promptly. Questions? Call or email Jason Hall, 703-283-4124 (cell), email@example.com