Christmas House Party
International Christmas House Party
December 21, 2016 - December 23, 2016
Near beautiful Nevada City, California , $40, or $60 late registration
About the House Party:
This is a great activity for winter break! Families are welcome too! Come join other international students for two day and two night of winter recreation, camp fires, good conversations, and new friendships. Together we will be learning the original Christmas story from the Bible, and why it still matters. Experience Christian traditions of Christmas in America.
Activities may include:
- Winter recreation
- Optional Cross country skiing, hiking, learn-to-ski/snowboard lessons
- Games and group discussions
- Relax by a warm fire
- Winter fun
- Conversations with international friends
- Visit local tourist sites of Nevada City, Truckee, and Lake Tahoe
We'll stay in a beautiful and warm house in Nevada City, 1-hour west of Lake Tahoe. We plan to visit the famous Nevada City Victorian Christmas festival too! Beds and sleeping bags will be provided.
Delicious meals together. Learning to cook some traditional Christmas recipes and baking too!
What to bring:
- Lots of warm casual clothing: sweaters, hats, gloves or mittens, outdoor boots, scarves, extra socks. (Vacation house provides blankets, linens and towels.)
- Items from your homeland to show others
- A favorite recipe from home
- Musical instruments
- Bring money for two meals out
Transportation with carpooling will be provided. Bring $10 for fuel for your driver.
About the Organizer:
Michael and Angel Cutler, along with other volunteers from Little City Fellowship and area churches will host this Christmas retreat.
How to Join:
There are a limited number of spaces. Follow the steps on this Eventbrite page to reserve a ticket and pay the fee as a deposit. Your deposit (less $20) is refundable if you are unable to come.