Central Florida Community of Practice (CoP)
"Choosing By Advantages"
Larry Rubrich, President, WCM and Associates
Larry will present "Choosing By Advantages" (CBA) - Lean "Standard Work" for the Decision-Making Process.
CBA is a structured decision-making process that starts when a decision must be made and ends when the decision is implemented and the results evaluated. CBA's basic rule of sound decision-making is: decision must be based on the importance of advantages only. CBA can "Lean Out" the entire decision-making process.
CBA avoids decisions based on:
1. Gut feelings, guesses, personal agendas, and "pet" ideas and suppliers
2. Emotion, intuition
3. Jumping to solutions, conclusions
4. Pros and Cons analysis
Larry will be covering:
1. What is it and why do we need it?
2. Where do we use it and how it Leans out the decision-making process
3. Defining the terms used in CBA
4. CBA methods and levels of solutions
5. CBA construction simulation
Date and Time:
Thursday, October 4, 2012, from 2:00 – 5:00 pm EST.
Refreshments will be served
Early Registration / Cancellation Deadline: Sunday, September 30, 2012. There will be no refunds after this time. Each person must register and pay to attend the meeting. Please help us save time, expense, and avoid people showing up at the last minute… plan ahead and register early!
Late Registration Deadline: Thursday, October 4, 2012. Available after closing of regular registration. Completed registrations are still subject to availability.
Note to First Time Attendees and Others New to Lean Construction:
Please review a glossary of terms and other introductory readings before attending the meeting by visiting http://www.leanconstruction.org
Registration Assistance: email@example.com
LCI Membership: If you are not an LCI Member, why not sign up today? Many LCI and LCI Chapter events have discounted rates for LCI members. Go to http://lci-individual-membership.eventbrite.com to read about the benefits and purchase a one-year individual membership for $250.
Individual LCI Members may bring one guest to each LCI event at the Member Rate.
Corporate LCI Members may bring any guest at the LCI Member Rate, including employees, clients, and partners from their supply and/or demand chain. Need help looking up your individual membership number? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
LCI Central Florida CoP
Lean Construction Institute (LCI) is a non-profit organization, founded in 1997. The Institute operates as a catalyst to transform the industry though lean project delivery using an operating system centered on a common language, fundamental principles, and basic practices. We have these broad goals:
Transform design and construction
· Promote ever-wider acceptance and use of lean principles, practices and tools on design and delivery of projects
Set standards for lean performance
· Common language and fundamental principles
· Basic practices
Provide education for lean project delivery
· Awareness, learning and understanding of tools and techniques
· Catalyst for action
Conduct research to promote continuous improvement
· Robust program of basic and applies research evaluation
· Translate findings into transformational tools & techniques
Sponsor Communities of Practice for continuous learning and application
· Established in major markets nationwide, expanding into new areas over time
· Developing strong ties with academic and industry organizations
· Expanding understanding of Lean: fostering networking and mentoring
The Central Florida Community of Practice (CoP) of LCI provides local lean support to owners, architects and designers, engineers, contractors, specialty contractors, and suppliers. We invite owners and project delivery team members to meet together as a Community of Practice to learn, share, and develop a lean community in Central Florida. As a regional forum for conversations among practitioners, the CoP will help create a new common sense for the AEC industry as LCI continues to build knowledge in design and construction.