Banish Post-holiday blues. Think CHOCOLATE!!! Come to the Oxford Community Arts Center Saturday, January 14, 2017, between 1 and 5 pm. The Arts Center and Miami University Art Museum are co-sponsoring a multi-faceted family event to celebrate all things chocolate as well as the vibrancy which the arts bring to the greater Oxford community. There will be something for everyone to enjoy - treats for the palette and the eyes - as attendees celebrate the arts.
The event includes:
- Vendors providing samples of their chocolate delicacies as well as goods to purchase
- A bake-off contest for amateurs cooks with cash prizes for the winners and subsequent auction of baked goods
- Children's crafts and activities
- An exhibition of chocolate art;
- Educational displays about the history and importance of chocolate worldwide.
Tickets for the event will cost $7 pre-sale and $10 at the door. Tickets may also be purchased prior to the Chocolate Meltdown at the Arts Center and the Art Museum. Each event ticket will come with 5 tasting coupons, given to attendees when they turn their event ticket in at the door. Children 12 and under will be admitted free. Additional tasting coupons will be $1 each or 6 for $5. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase at the event, $1 each or 6 for $5. Monies raised at the Chocolate Meltdown will benefit both the Arts Center and the Art Museum.