San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Chinatown is a one-of-a-kind New York neighborhood that all have heard of, but few have explored. Beginning as a tiny village near the East River in the early 1900's, Chinatown was mostly a bachelor society, seeing as Chinese immigrants were only allowed into the United States one at a time; no families were allowed in the United States. When this immigration limit was lifter in 1965, the Chinatown population exploded, and by 1980, New York's Chinatown district was (and still is) the largest of any American city. Follow your expert guide through the labyrinthine streets of New York's most colorful, mysterious neighborhood, and sample the best culinary treats the neighborhood has to offer. From world-renowned dumplings and pork buns to homemade, fresh baked fortune cookies, the Chinatown Food Tour is a delicious and authentic New York adventure you won't soon forget!
Capacity: 20 people per guide
Note: All food is included. Tastings on the go (either on the sidewalk or done inside the establishments).
Dress: It’s a walking tour so wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
Final Destination: 41 Mott St
Chinatown Food Tour of New York Itinerary
- Vanessa's Dumplings Good thing your guide has line-jumping privileges, because word spread quickly about their amazing dumplings and pork buns!
- Jing Fong A hidden gem...More like a hidden goldmine! This sprawling 10,000 square foot restaurant hidden on the windowless second floor of a nondescript building is a sight to be seen, and tasted...
- Nom Wah Tea Parlor Tucked away on the infamous "Bloody Angle" of Chinatown, this historic 1920's tea house is vintage New York at its finest.
- Golden Fung Wong Bakery Homemade, fresh baked fortune cookies are only the beginning. Wait til you try their almond cookies!
- Local Lore Landmarks from these storied streets include five points gangland hotspots, film locations, and much, much more!
Save This Event
When & Where
Best Tours operate over 100 tours in 13 cities in the USA, Canada, UK and Australia
Tapping the best local expertise we curate information rich, entertaining, eye-opening tours in cities all over the world. Whether you're visiting a new city or have lived their for years, our curated range of walking tours, food tours, and private vehicle tours are here to help you truly understand and appreciate the place you are experiencing, to see it through a fresh pair of eyes, and change your perception. So whether it's just some sightseeing you're after, or you want to delve deep into the food culture, we've got you covered.
Why take a tour when you can just walk around by yourself? Good question!
We know things you don't, like where the best ice cream is. Really important. Our well researched, highly entertaining tours show you a side to a city, place, or neighborhood that combines history, culture, architecture, and an expertise in the subject matter that your smart phone and you just can't compete with.
If you're looking for things to do and places to go in cities all over the world, like New York, Sydney, London or Los Angeles, you've come to the right place! BestTours is the world's best tour company, offering the best tours on and off the beaten track! Our world famous sightseeing tours, food tours, and private vehicle tours show you a city through it's culture and food, engage you through it's history, and entertain you with it's wonder!