Children's Chocolate Exploration (Ages 7-12)
Weekly Event - Every 2 weeks - Every Saturday: 8:45 AM to 10:45 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Join members of the Dandelion Chocolate Team to explore all things chocolate. Class will discover how cacao is grown and processed on cacao farms as well as our chocolate-making process. And the class will include tastes of cacao & chocolate in each stage of the process.
Class will start with a taste of chocolate, then move to our upstairs mezzanine where we will discuss cacao farms. Students will then participate in a hands-on experience of prepping, cracking, and winnowing cocoa beans while learning about our chocolate-making process. Class will end with students watching the production team in action while savoring a brownie and hot chocolate. Each class participant will walk away with a better understanding of how chocolate is made and a real cacao pod filled with chocolate goodies!
Important notes for class:
- Classes are limited to 10 students with 2 teachers
- Students must be between the ages of 7-12
- A portion of the class will take place in our temperature controlled bean room (55-60 degress) so make sure your child brings a layer
- Closed toed shoes are required since we will be in our factory
- If your child has allergies (dairy, eggs, soy, gluten), please let us know