San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ever wish you could turn back time?
To the good ole days when your momma sang you to sleep?
But now you're stressed out?*
You can. You can recover your childlike joy, just in time for Father Christmas to arrive.
For one magical night, we'll be treated to a noted expert and fan of the British literary circle called The Inklings.
Matthew Dickerson, PhD, is a professor of Computer Science at Middlebury College, Vermont.
Dickerson is the author of
• From Homer to Harry Potter: a Handbook of Myth and Fantasy (Brazos Press, 2006)
• Following Gandalf: Epic Battles and Moral Victory in the Lord of the Rings (Brazos Press, 2004)
• Hammers and Nails: the Life and Music of Mark Heard (Cornerstone Press, 2004)
• The Finnsburg Encounter (Crossway Books, 1991)
On a different note, he is the co-author of Downstream: Reflections on Brook Trout, Fly Fishing, and the Waters of Appalachia (Cascade Press, 2014).
We can't even beleive we "snagged" him for this event!
And what better venue than the country's only Inkling-themed cafe, smackdab in downtown Lancaster.
- Step into the Hobbit hole and drink your fill of Square One Coffee and food stuffs straight out of Middle Earth.
- Reflect on the enchantment that animates some of the best fiction ever written by Lewis and Tolkien.
- Meet new friends,
- come in from the cold, and
- enter into discussion.
All for 5 bucks!
*thanks, 21 Pilots
When & Where
The Row House Forum
engaging current culture with ancient faith
in Lancaster City, Pennsylvania
through events that are
- civil &
Nothing is not Sacred at The Row House.