Spotlight on Exploitation
This workshop will provide child welfare stakeholders knowledge and resources to address, combat, and prevent the exploitation and trafficking of youth in the child welfare system.
The workshop will include:
- Information and resources from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children on child sex trafficking and online exploitation;
- Updates from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services on policies and practices to address children missing from care and exploitation of children in care;
- Perspectives from local law enforcement and service providers on challenges facing exploited and foster youth in their community;
- Legal resources from the Texas Foster Youth Justice Project to combat the vulnerabilities that make foster youth high risk victims for exploitation;
- Panel of foster care alumni sharing their exploitation experiences and their recommendations to keep kids in care safer; and
- Brainstorming and networking session for participants on reducing the vulnerability of children in care locally.
Lunch will be provided - suggested lunch donation of $10 can be paid online during registration or on-site via cash or check.
Contact Meghan Zuraw at MCZuraw@ncmec.org with any questions.