Actions and Detail Panel
Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training April 22, 2017
Sat, April 22, 2017, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
Learn how to predict, prevent and react to child sexual abuse.
Child Sexual Abuse is Predictable and Preventable. According to the Child Molestation Research and Prevention Institute, 95% of sexual abuse is preventable through education.
This workshop is for adults only, parents, staff, youth-serving organizations, and volunteers advocating for children.
I also offer age-appropriate curriculum for K-12, call 760-685-6232 to schedule.
Presented by Christy Heiskala, Certified Facilitator of Darkness to Light, Stewards of Children®.
The Stewards of Children program will increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations and personnel.
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
- Grooming process, what it looks like, what to look for
What Outcomes You Can Expect:
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences, and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
Space is limited, register asap to save your seat.
Reviews of this training: