San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Child Life Career Workshop
Discover what it’s like to be a child life specialist at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). This workshop is open to high school seniors, college students and adults considering a possible career change.
What is a child life specialist?
Child life specialists are an important part of a child’s medical team. CHOP’s child life specialists:
- Provide age-appropriate play and other activities that encourage mastery, coping and expression of feelings for both patients and siblings of patients.
- Prepare children and families for medical experiences.
- Offer orientation to new experiences (such as admission to the intensive care unit or having a surgical procedure).
- Bridge the gap between home and hospital by providing familiar activities.
Learn more at chop.edu/childlife.
- 8:30 a.m. — Check-in and continental breakfast
- 9 a.m. — Child Life profession overview
- Hear from different medical team members who collaborate with Child Life
- Noon — Lunch is provided
- 1 p.m. — The road to become a child life specialist
- Hear from child life specialists about their typical days and experiences
- Academic and clinical requirements overview
- 3:30 p.m. — Wrap-up and questions
Registration and cancellation policy
Workshop fee is $25. Registration deadline is March 31, 2017. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cancellation and refund policy: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) reserves the right to cancel or postpone the workshop due to any unforeseen circumstances. If you wish to withdraw from the workshop, please send a cancellation email by April 7, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of cancellation, postponement, or withdrawal, CHOP will refund any registration fees, less a $15 service charge. No refunds will be issued after April 7, 2017.
Parking and transportation
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is located in the West Philadelphia area of the city. It is easily accessible by mass transit as well as major highways. If driving, please park at the Main Campus in the Buerger garage. Parking passes for complementary parking will be provided. Please follow the signs for the Child Life Career Workshop to the Colket Building. The workshop will be held in Colket, Room 1100 A & B.
If you have any questions or need more information, please call the Child Life Student Programs at 267-426-1340 or email email@example.com.