Actions and Detail Panel
Child Dedication Application - Spring 2017
Fri, May 5, 2017, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM PDT
We are so excited that you are interested in dedicating your child at True Grace Church! Child Dedication is a public commitment in front of the church and God saying that I will raise my child in a Godly way and will be an example to them of what it means to follow Jesus. We will be dedicating children in Service on Mothers Day Weekend of May 13-14th, at all service times.
Once you submit your application you can expect a phone call from a member of the kids ministry team. We do this because we believe that dedicating your child is a big deal, and we want to make sure that you are ready to make that commitment. We want to get to know you, your family and ask some of the hard questions that will hopefully help you as you raise your child to become like Jesus.
Once you receive a phone call and you are approved to dedicate your child. You then get to participate in our Family Celebration Night, on May 5th from 6:30-8:30pm. At this event there will be a chance to take a family picture together, as well as eat desserts and talk with other parents. If you are unable to make the Family Celebration Night, you will be asked to wait till our next class comes around to dedicate your child.
This is a special evening of learning more about the dedication and Christian parenting. At this event there will be an opportunity to get a family photo together. Ministry to kids is available so please let us know if you are going to be checking in children for this event. This evening is spent together with other couples that are dedicating their kids. We want this night to be special so we are creating it as a date night for parents to plan for the future for your children.
We usually think of Child Dedications as being for younger children, but the event is open to all parents and kids (10 and younger) who have not made this commitment in the past including new believers and adoptive parents. If you are a single parent that is interested in dedicating your child, please feel free to sign up as well.
What are the requirements to dedicate my child?
- Parents need to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Parents beliefs and values align with those of True Grace Church.
- Parents are currently or will become regular attendees of True Grace Church weekend services.
- Parents participate in a Parent Celebration prior to the dedication service.
- Child Dedication is an important moment for a man and wife. If you are living in a relationship that is outside of the biblical model then we ask that you take steps to acknowledge and surrender to God's plan for your relationship before participating in Child Dedication service. If you have additional questions please contact any of our pastoral staff.
If you have any further questions please call the Kids Ministry Department at (360) 459-1444, or email us at email@example.com