Child and Family Team (CFT) Training
What is a Child and Family Team (CFT)?
The CFT model is an individualized planning and decision making process which brings a group together to collaborate and develop a plan to support the safety and wellbeing of a family. The team places the family and their goals, whether a biological family, a foster family, adoptive family or a transitional age youth – at the center of the group decision-making process.
The team addresses areas of strength, need and concerns related to safety, family wellness, and/or court requirements. Plans are regularly adjusted to best meet the desired outcomes of the family.
- CWS Social Workers/ Supervisors
- Community Organizations and Providers
- Faith-Based Organizations
- Family Advocates
- Family Care Network, Inc.
- Foster Parents
- Mental Health, Public Health, Drug and Alcohol Services
- Parent Partners
- Probation, Law Enforcement, Victim Witness
- School Educators / Staff
Pre-requisite: Must have attended a Safety-Organized Practice 101 Training before attending this CFT Training