Chief of Contracting - Dept of Labor * Monthly Marketing Meeting * NORCAL Certified Small Biz Assoc FRI June 28, 2013
Friday, June 28, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
** PAID NORCAL ANNUAL MEMBERS & SPONSORS DO NOT NEED TO REGISTTER OR PAY **
SPONSOR THE EVENT & HAVE CHANCE TO MAKE 10 MINS PRESENTATION ON YOUR CAPABILITIES (only two allowed)
GUEST SPEAKER: Sheryl Algee
Dept of Labor
Branch Chief/Contracting Officer
Sheryl Algee is a Level III warranted Contracting Officer with the US Department of Labor. In this role, Ms Algee awards the contracts for the operation of the 23 Job Corps centers located in the San Francisco Region. Last year these contract awards totaled $ 168,379,270. Prior to becoming a Contracting Officer, Ms Algee was the Deputy Regional Director of the Office of Job Corps in San Francisco, CA. She has served as the Department of Labor’s Small Business Outreach Manager where she developed and implemented an outreach plan for the Office of Small Business Programs designed to increase the utilization of small, minority and woman–owned businesses. In this capacity, Ms. Algee represented the Department at numerous professional and trade association conferences, seminars and conventions sponsored by and widely attended by minorities and women.
As a Program Manager with the Resolution Trust Corporation, Ms. Algee created policies, initiatives and programs to implement a congressionally mandated national program designed to increase opportunities for minorities and women to contract with and invest in assets of the RTC/FDIC.
Ms. Algee is an attorney and member of the Pennsylvania Bar and passionate advocate of small business.
PRESIDENT'S TOP 20 CONTRACTS -
- ABOUT NOR CAL CSBA
Our expanded charter now formally welcomes all certified business including those in the following categories;
- 8(a) Business Development Program
- HUBZone Program
- Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses
- Women-Owned Small Businesses
- Minority-Owned Small Businesses
- Native American Firms incl Alaskan Native
- Disadvantage Business Enterprise
When & Where
Northern California Certified Small Businesses Association
The Northern California Certified Small Businesses Association’s purpose is to:
- Serve as a clearinghouse for the dissemination of information regarding legislation, technology transfer, best business practices, business development and fiscal management.
- Educate and promote the viability of its members.
- Promote the development of mentoring relationship between member and graduated firms.
- Network and share the experiences and expertise among its members.
- Acquire and disseminate useful statistic and economic trends pertaining to the small business sector.