SVP has launched a series of intimate Jeffersonian Dinners to build stronger bonds between SVP Partners and stimulate thinking around philanthropy in a different way.
The topic for this dinner will focus on the relationship between non-profit Executive Directors and Board Chairs, and questions you might consider as you reflect on this topic include:
- What have been the key factors in successful relationships between the Board Chair and Executive Director?
- What are the most common dynamics and pitfalls you’ve experienced in kicking off a new relationship?What is your biggest challenge in working with the Board Chair / Executive Director
- How have you successfully navigated them – or what have you learned from unsuccessful relationships?
- What is the role of the Board Chair?
- What is the role of the Executive Director?
- What advice would you give a new Board Chair in helping them create a good relationship with his/her Executive Director?
- What advice would you give a new Executive Director in helping them create a good relationship with his/her Board Chair?
Partners attending will be current and past board chairs and experienced board members, as well as non-profit leaders, and we’ll provide bios in advance of the dinner.
As you may know, Jeffersonian Dinners are small group discussions of 8-12 people held over a delicious meal. They are generally focused on a specific topic and lightly moderated to be inclusive of all the attendees and their ideas.
Drinks and informal chatting will begin at 6:30 with the dinner and discussion beginning around 7pm. We will aim to wrap up the dinner around 9:30pm.
Please note that this event is only open to SVP Partners.
Save This Event
When & Where
Social Venture Partners builds powerful relationships among people and organizations that are out to change the world. We help individuals make a greater impact with their giving, fund and strengthen nonprofits, and equip our community to tackle our greatest social challenges – together.