As Mass Foodies ventures into their 6th Chef’s Best dinner, we’re happy to be going to the heart of the Commonwealth to enjoy an authentic experience which is at the heart of Albanian tradition: food. Chef Alex Gjonca, owner and chef of Nuovo Restaurant on Shrewsbury Street in Worcester, MA will be putting together a dinner that combines flavors, textures, and ingredients that are the fundamental building blocks of growing up Albanian. In addition to a meal that is sure to please even the most mature palate an optional wine pairing will be offered to compliment the experience that can only be found in Albanian homes today.
- Fried Cubanelle peppers stuffed with Feta cheese and garlic
- Spinach and Leek cheese pies
- Yogurt Sauce Dip
- Kernacka - Albanian Meatballs
- Dollma – Stuffed Cabbage with rice
- Pasha Qofte Soup – Mini rice & meat meatballs in a chicken, egg yolk and yogurt broth
- Chobani Salad - Tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, green peppers, black olives, fresh garlic, olive oil, vinegar and feta cheese
Entrée (tastings of all three are expected!)
- Imam Bajalldi – Stuffed eggplant with caramelized onions, garlic, fresh parsley and fresh tomatoes
- Oven Roasted Levrek – Branxino in brodetto, garlic, black pepper, parsley, vinegar sauce
- Lamb Cutlet served with baked orzo
- Sheqerpare – Sugar cookies dipped in cinnamon-orange simple syrup a la mode
Ticket price is inclusive of tax, gratuity, and wine pairing. This event is limited in size and all sales are final. If you request to sit with another party, please note the full name of the other party's ticket purchaser.
SNOW DATE: Tuesday, January 31st.