Chef Introductory Workshop for Windows - NYC
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
This Chef 101 Workshop for Windows is a hands on training class for getting familiar with Chef for performing common automation tasks. In this workshop, we will cover:
- Set up Windows workstation and target servers with Chef and connect to a Chef Server.
- Use Chef to automate installation/management of IIS as a real world example.
- Automate other common system tasks with Chef, including user creation with data bags, and creating custom file content using attributes and templates.
Each exercise will be instructor-led, and introduce new Chef concepts along the way. We'll cover the Anatomy of a Chef Run, Chef's Authentication Cycle, how to build roles, manipulate configuration through data in attributes, use Chef's search API for dynamic configuration, and more.
A Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) client will be required in order to access workstation and target servers.
- Registration closes 24 hours prior to the start of class. Please contact us if you wish to register inside of that time frame, and we will do our best to accomodate you.
- Lunch and snack will be provided. Please notify Jamie Bright (email@example.com) of any dietary restrictions.
- Cancellation requests must be received in writing 24 hours prior to the start of class in order to be eligible for a refund.
When & Where
Opscode is the provider of Chef, the automation platform for the coded business. Opscode Chef provides the speed, flexibility, and efficiency to compete in the digital economy. By modeling IT infrastructure and application delivery as code, Chef empowers businesses of all sizes to easily scale to meet demand, eliminate down time, manage complexity, and accelerate time to market. www.opscode.com