Chef Egg Live: Mardi Gras Grub @ The Local Oyster
Check out Chef Egg Live - Baltimore's best live cooking show at the Local Oyster at Mt. Vernon Marketplace. Join the Daynamic Duo, the Captians of Cooking, the Denizens of Delicious - Chef Egg and Nick Schauman as they open a new world of Mardi Gras flavor, music and culture.
Chef Egg and Nick are going to prepare a Mardi Gras meal that will knock your socks off while giving you the skills you need to succeed in the kitchen. Learn how to mix the classic New Orleans cocktail, the Hurricane. You will learn about the super powers of oysters and how to make the best crawfish boil. Then you will get the tips and tricks to making a homemade roux, mix gumbo spices and create the authentic gumbo stew.
There will be lots of great food for sampling and maybe a few special guests.
New Orleans Hurricanes
Big Ass Crawfish Boil w/ Potatoes and Corn
Classic Gumbo w/ Andoullie Sausage and Shrimp
- Street parking is avaiable.
- This is a cooking presentation with tasty and ample samples for all guests.
- Please bring your appetites and notepads.
- There will be beer and wine spiecals at the bar and the whole market will be open for booze and grub.
- All ages event but things do get a little funky ;)