Cheese and a Glass - Wine Edition
Wednesday, July 31, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (PDT)
It's time for another great educational cheese & wine tasting experience.
Everybody's Hungry, Coastal Specialty Products and Four Brix are partnering to bring you the next wine edition of...
- The art of making wine and general steps involved
- How growing regions and the fermentation process imparts distinctive flavors
- Barrel aging vs. stainless steel, as well as blending nuances
- Cheese styles, ingredients and serving suggestions
- Why the selected cheeses and wines go well together
- Tasting of 4 expertly paired fine cheese and wine combinations
- Supporting accoutrements, such as dried fruits, nuts or cured meats
- Special discounts on cheese and wine following the event
Wine and cheese pairings:
- Cremeux d'Argental w/ Smitten
- Cremeux de Bourgogne w/ Roséo
- Soumaintrain Berthaut w/ Rhondezvous
- Les Maitres comtois w/ Scosso
There will also be dates, apricots and vegetable paté as palate cleansers.
- Jason Hendrick of Everybody's Hungry
- Karen and Gary Stewart of Four Brix Winery
- Fritz Leon, owner of Coastal Specialty Products
We hope you'll join us. Don't miss out on this edition of Cheese and a Glass!
Wednesday, July 31st 6:00pm-7:30pm
$33 per person, $37 @ the door
($29 Earlybird special 7/11 through 7/17 at 5pm)
Ticket sales close at 4pm, but are available at the door.
*A portion of proceeds will be donated to FOOD Share of Ventura County.
Additional details regarding attire and parking will be emailed out to attendees prior to the event.
*Credit card payments can be accepted at the door.
When & Where
"Enjoying food and life by taking a bite and sharing a bite."
A food-focused educational and fundraising group w/ goals of spreading passion of food, providing educational opportunities and raising awareness about the hungry in our communities.
Everybody's Hungry launched in August of 2011, emerging from a simple thought of sharing the enthusiasm of food and dining through a basic blog. With a quick evolution, Everybody's Hungry has become a platform for giving back to members of the community who are hungry and in need with that same level of enthusiasm.