Sales Have Ended
Registrations are closed
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF RIGHTS
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the activities of Bridge to Promise, Inc. (the “Program”), I, being at least 18 years old, or I, on behalf of my participating child less than 18 years old (“I” or the “undersigned”) hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree for myself, my personal representatives, my heirs, next-of-kin, insurers, successors and assigns, as follows:
1. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. My choice to participate (or have my child participate) in the activities of the Program is knowing, voluntary, and made for my/my child’s personal edification. I understand that participation in the Program’s activities involves inherent risks and dangers of accidents, rescue operations, emergency treatment, property loss or damage, serious personal and bodily injury, death, and severe personal and economic losses. These may result not only from my/my child’s own actions, inactions, or negligence, but also from the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, or the condition of the facilities, equipment or vehicles. Further, there may be other risks not known to me or reasonably foreseeable at this time. I understand and I have considered the risks involved, and I voluntarily and freely choose to assume these risks.
2. RELEASE FROM LIABILITY. I fully and forever release and discharge Ethical Humanist Society, the Program and its respective affiliates, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, and insurers, and all others involved in the Program’s activities (collectively referred to in this Release and Waiver as "Sponsor") from any and all injuries (including death), losses, damages, claims (including negligence claims), demands, lawsuits, expenses, and any other liability of any kind, of or to me/my child, my/my child’s property, or any other person, directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with my/my child’s participation in the Program’s activities, even if it is due to the negligence, injudicious act, omission or other fault of Sponsor.
3. INDEMNITY. I will defend, indemnify, hold harmless and reimburse Sponsor from and for all damages, losses, costs, or expenses (including legal fees) incurred by Sponsor or paid by them to any person (including me or my insurers) in respect of any accident, injury (including death), loss, or property damage, however caused resulting from, arising out of, or otherwise in connection with my/my child’s participation in the Program’s activities. I will reimburse Sponsor if anyone makes a claim against Sponsor in connection with my/my child’s participation in the Program’s activities, including, without limitation, any accident I/my child may be involved in or any injury, loss, damage to me/my child, other parties or property however caused.
4. COVENANT NOT TO SUE. I will not initiate any claim, lawsuit, court action or other legal proceeding or demand against Sponsor, nor join or assist in the prosecution of any claim for money or other damages which anyone may have, on account of injuries (including death), losses, or damages sustained by me/my child, other parties or my (or others') property in connection with my participation in the Program’s activities, and I waive any right I may have to do so. This means that I cannot sue to hold Sponsor responsible for any injury, loss, or damage sustained by me, other parties or my (or others') property in connection with the Activity, even if it is due to the negligence, injudicious act, omission or other fault of Sponsor. I waive my insurers' right to make a claim against Sponsor based on payments by insurers to me or on my behalf for any reason. This means my insurers have no rights of subrogation against Sponsor.
5. MEDICAL TREATMENT. I hereby consent to medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in the event of any illness, accident or injury or medical emergency resulting from or in connection with my/my child’s participation in the Program’s activities and understand that I am solely responsible for all costs related to such medical treatment, medical transportation and/or evacuation.
8. PUBLICITY. I hereby grant Sponsor, without limitation, the right to use my/my child’s name, likeness, voice and words in connection with the Program’s activities including promotion, marketing, training, informational and archival uses without further compensation or permission.
BY REGISTERING AND ATTENDING, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THE COVENANTS AND AGREEMENTS AND THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE THE SPONSOR.