Actions and Detail Panel
Charlotte SQL Server User Group - Wed March 8th - Meeting Invitation and RS...
Wed, March 8, 2017, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM EST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
March Meeting Invitation
Please join us for the monthly Charlotte SQL Server User Group evening meeting.
What ~ Charlotte SQL Server User Group Meeting
When ~ Wednesday, March 8th, 2017
- 5:30 PM Networking with Food & Refreshments
- 6:00 PM Technical Presentation
- 7:30 PM Meeting End
Where @ 8055 Microsoft Way, Charlotte, NC 28273 Map it
Presenter - Jason Roth
Topic - SQL Server vNext runs on Linux!
Registration - Free RSVP required above
Content Lead, Microsoft
Over the past 20 years at Microsoft, Jason has served in various support and service roles, including C++ developer support, Premier Field Engineering, and Premier ISV consulting. During this time, he has worked extensively with SQL Server in both internal application development as well as customer engagements and trainings. For the past several years, he has worked as a content developer, covering Azure services and SQL Server. He is currently the lead for the content Microsoft releases for SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines and SQL Server vNext on Linux. Past speaking engagements include Microsoft TechReady, SQL PASS, and Tech Ed.
Follow Jason on LinkedIn
SQL Server vNext runs on Linux!
At Microsoft, it is an exciting time to see the huge push for interoperability, but it can also be daunting to keep up with the changes. In this session, Jason will cover one of the upcoming changes, which is SQL Server running on Linux. Because Linux knowledge is not a given for SQL Server users, he'll give a brief introduction to the Linux operating system. It is easy to spin up a Linux VM using Azure. During the talk, Jason will show how to install and connect to SQL Server running on an Azure VM. He’ll then cover the SQL Server features and services that work on Linux. Demos will include database migration, server configuration, and tools, including the new SQL Server extension for Visual Studio Code.
Thanks to our Charlotte SQL Server User Group Sponsors
Directions: The SQL Server User Group meetings are held at the Microsoft Charlotte campus just off Arrowood Rd between I-77 and S Tryon St.
The address is 8055 Microsoft Way, Charlotte, NC 28273. Map it
- From I-77 take exit 3.
- Go west on Arrowood Rd until the traffic light at Microsoft Way.
- Turn left onto Microsoft Way and proceed straight around the two traffic circles.
- Park in the visitor parking between the two buildings.
- From visitor parking area, the AP1 / 8055 building is on the left side. Enter the far entrance with the overhang near the flag poles.
- The meeting room is MPR on the 1st floor adjacent to the entrance lobby to the right.
- The entrance door will be locked, and we will let you in. Knock on the glass if you are running late to get our attention so we may let you in.
Copyright © 2016 Charlotte SQL Server User Group, All rights reserved.