ASQ Special Event Announcement
Come join us for an evening of learning together and sharing best practices at TE Connectivity with Charlotte Continuous Improvement Consortia (CCIC). We have a very unique opportunity for you to visit and tour their leading lean journey manufacturing plant in Rock Hill, SC. This will be a hands-on tour and very unique since we will all be given the opportunity to share fresh perspectives for our host while learning best practices in a safe sharing environment that we call Charlotte Continuous Improvement Consortium (CCIC). It will be a great opportunity for you to meet other like-minded professionals who share a passion for Continuous Improvement in our region.
Agenda for October 23, 2014
- 5:30pm -- Networking / Meal
- 6:00pm -- Opening Remarks (safety, expectations, context)
1) 6:30pm – Gemba Walk -- Center of Excellence “Pull System” (Brian Noe, Master Black Belt)
2) 6:30pm – Gemba Walk – Center of Excellence “Daily Accountability Process” (Janna Christenbury, Quality Manager)
3) 6:30pm – “Rattlesnake Hunt” (Al Dadah, Director of North American Operations)
- 7:15pm -- Small Group Reflection / Facilitated Brainstorming with Convener(s)
- 8:00pm -- Round Table Report outs begin
- 8:30pm -- Campfire Chat
- 8:45pm -- Adjourn / Farewell
- TE Connectivity, 200 Interconnect Drive, Rock Hill, SC 29730
- Driving directions: Take I-77 South to Exit 75 and turn left. Plant is not far from the exit and on the left.
We are a volunteer led specialty subgroup of ASQ a world-wide Non-Profit organization. Our CICC fosters a learning and sharing environment that builds stronger community through studying what really works for continuous improvement.
Our group helps people to engage, share, and ultimately deeper their understanding while networking with outstanding local business professionals from a variety of fields.
The Goal: Sharing Best Practices for What Really Works as it pertains to Gemba or precious place of where value is created.
- This will be a very special meeting that will include three options for engaging your best ideas a rattlesnake hunt, a Gemba walk into “Pull System”, or a Gemba Walk into “Layered Process Audits” with deep reflection and brainstorming afterwards.
- Those with a passion for making improvements and sharing best practices are welcome to join us.
- There is really no one single right answer, and we want to learn from the experiences of the people in the room.
- The CCIC is open to anyone interested in learning about lean and six sigma, and consists of business professionals in this area.
My goals for volunteering at CCIC
1. Make as many friends as possible.
2. Learn as much as possible.
3. Share as much as others would like…
4. Create a safe place for people to share with others. (Nexus of sharing)
Due to the nature of this event, it will have a limit to the number who can participate.
Safety shoes, glasses, and full length pants are required (i.e. no skirts or capri’s) for the plant visit. There are very limited numbers of toe covers available for those without safety shoes, so please try to borrow or find a pair for this. The covers will not work with open toe shoes.
Dress is business casual.
Thank you very much!
Bob Petruska -- ASQ CCIC Chair
Contact me at Bob@BobPetruska.com or 704-615-3731
.25 RUs will be awarded, representing 2.5 hours.
Have questions about Charlotte Continuous Improvement Consortia TE Connectivity in Rock Hill, SC?
Contact ASQ Charlotte Section 1110