Actions and Detail Panel
Charles County Compost Workshop, May 13, 2017
Sat, May 13, 2017, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM EDT
The Charles County Government and University of Maryland Extension are pleased to offer a workshop on backyard composting.
DATE: Saturday, May 13, 2017
TIME: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
PLACE: 200 Baltimore St., La Plata, MD 20646
In this hands-on workshop, participants will learn how to maintain a home composting bin. University of Maryland Extension staff and Master Gardeners will explain the proper materials and techniques needed to create quality compost for the garden and landscape.
- The workshop is free, but please register.
- There will be a wire bin and a plastic bin demonstrated, and the techniques discussed can be used in many different composting setups.
- GEOBIN plastic compost bin are available free of charge, but please register to insure there are enough bins (while supplies last). See link for product information. http://geobin123.com/using-geobin
- Instructions will be available for those who wish to build a wire compost bin at home (pictured below).
- Workshops are approximately 45 minutes long.
- The workshop will be offered rain or shine.
- Register by May 8th, 2017 via this Evenbrite page or print & mail the paper form.
For more information contact Luke Gustafson at 301-934-5403 or Frances Sherman at 301-932-3569.
Wire Compost Bin
For information on other garden-related events offered by University of Maryland Extension, Charles County visit: