Chargebacks - What can be done to minimize the risk?
Thursday, October 10, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
This training will help you understand the concept of chargeback and how they are misused. Learn the best practices to protect your business from the risk of chargebacks.
Why Should You Attend:
Chargebacks are, unfortunately, always going to occur regardless of the level of compliance the supplier has. This “right” is something that has a good side and a bad side.Can it be used as a way to extend payment to a supplier? Yes, but through arbitration the party that followed the rules will win. However, the potential needs to exist as some charges are legitimately invalid.
It is important to understand the reason for the chargeback and make sure your operating system and staff are doing everything they can substantiate the purchase.
A solid relationship with your processor is a necessary in this process, but there are several other things that will be discussed in this webinar to help. This webinar will discuss why chargebacks can occur, and what companies can do to minimize the risk of losing them.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- What is a chargeback?
- How are they misused?
- What can we do to minimize their impact?
- Who else can benefit from these changes?
- What are some best practices?
- What will this cost?
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.