Actions and Detail Panel
Champions 4 Children Conference
Fri, April 7, 2017, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM CDT
Harmony Home Children's Advocacy Center is hosting the 3rd annual Champions 4 Children Conference on Friday, April 7th, 2017. The Champions 4 Children Conference offers an excellent opportunity to provide training to law enforcement, social workers, counselors, therapists, child protective services staff, daycare workers, medical staff, educators, advocates and members of the community who make a positive difference in the lives of children and families in our communities.
Champions 4 Children Conference is focused on educating the community and professionals who work with children on how to recognize the signs, symptoms and the effects of child abuse, as well as how to respond to outcries of child abuse. This conference will also serve as a networking opportunity to come together as a community and help each other work towards the prevention of child abuse and keeping our children and communities safe.
- Behavioral Characteristics of Sex Offenders - 2 part session
- The Front Line Worker - Child Abuse and Injury Investigation & Reconstruction
- Working with Non Offending Parents in Child Sexual Abuse Cases
- Identifying & Reporting Abuse/Neglect of Children in Texas - Types, Signs, Prevalence, Reporting Basics & Mandatory Reporting
- Making a Case for Safety
- Thirsting for Hope! Everyday!
- Lead or Lead Not
- A Local Case Study worked by Multiple Law Enforcement Agencies and Harmony Home
- Beyond Parent Engagement: Changing How Caregivers Parent
- It's Not Easy Being Green or Do THIS for a Living....Wellness/Survival and the MDT Approach to Child Abuse
- Shots Fired... Surviving an Active Shooter
- Keynote Speakers:
- Judge, Tracey Scown (Opening Keynote)
- Deborah Goforth Sonberg, Author and Public Speaker - Thirsting for Hope! (Lunch Keynote)
- Dr. Mike Bourke, Chief Psychologist for the United States Marshal Service
- Dan Powers, Senior Vice President and Clinical Director for Children's Advocacy Center of Collin County
- Jim Holler, Retired Chief of Police and Commentator for the Darkness to Light Stewards of Children video
- Porscha Roney, SWI Training and Community Engagement Specialist
- Katrina Cook, Director of Parent Services Dallas Children's Advocacy Center
- Laura Field, FBI Special Agent
The Champions 4 Children Conference is hosted by Harmony Home Children's Advocacy Center and partially funded by First 5 Permian Basin and The United Way of Odessa.
A special thank you to our Champion Sponsor, Anchor Athletic Academy in Midland, Keeping Kids Safe Sponsors Superior Health Plan and Alpa and Omega CS & C Inc. and Betenbough Homes, and our Courage to Heal Sponsors, Saulsbury Industries and the Odessa Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Exhibitors include: Anchor Athletic Academy, Christian Camo Company, Guardians of the Children Twin Cities, Southern Sassy Snaps and the Odessa Police Department Victim Services, Department of State Health Services, Premier Jewlery, Midland County Systems of Care.
For more information, please contact Sandy Ochoa, Prevention Specialist at Harmony Home Children's Advocacy Center at 432-333-5233 or by email at email@example.com.
***Champions 4 Children Conference is an approved provider for continuing education credits through the University of Texas of the Permian Basin and TCOLE hours through the Odessa Police Department Training Center. Certificates will be sent by email after the conference to all attendees who signed in at each session.
**Continental breakfast, lunch, mid-morning and afternoon snacks are included in the registration fee.