Since 1998, the Mount Carmel Foundation has hosted Champagne & Diamonds, a fundraising event designed to help meet the needs of our community and our health system. One of central Ohio’s most engaging annual fundraising events, Champagne and Diamonds brings Mount Carmel physicians, corporate leaders and community advocates together in support of the Mount Carmel Foundation.
This annual Gala will benefit Healthy Moms & Babies...One Little Miracle at a Time. Every week in Franklin County, three babies die before their first birthday - one of the highest infant mortality rates in the country. And the infant mortality rate among black babies is more than twice the rate of white babies. By better educating the entire community about maternal and infant risks and increasing access to quality gynecological and obstetric care before, during and after pregnancy, we can reduce those numbers, and this year's Gala is helping the cause!
Champ& Diamonds 2017 is all about making sure every mom and baby throughout Mount Carmel Health System has the support they need to get a healthy start and achieve the best possible outcome. With your support, we will:
- Expand maternal-fetal medicine services for patients with high-risk pregnancies
- Add more space, more modern equipment and more comfortable furnishings to our NICUs
- Expand OB services for the underserved
- Create additional breastfeeding centers
- Provide specialized care for pregnant moms with substance use disorders at our Outreach clinics
- Expand our doula program so more moms have access to a highly-trained, experienced labor and birthing professional
- Develop an OB Nurse Navigator Program to guide expectant parents
- Create specially designed areas in our maternity units that support natural childbirth
Through the support of generous Champagne & Diamonds donors, we can continue our unwavering commitment to moms and babies in our community, incorporate even more evidence-based best practices in our care, and help save more lives and stregthen more families by bridging the infant mortality gap in central Ohio. And we can do it one little miracle at at time. Please join us.
Guests will enjoy a cocktail reception beginning at 6:30 pm followed by dinner, dessert and live entertainment. Detailed information will be sent to all guests prior to the event. Please contact Matt Lofy with any questions at 614-546-4346 or Matthew.Lofy@mchs.com.