Actions and Detail Panel
CHAI Homebuyer Workshop March 21, 2017
Tue, March 21, 2017, 6:00 PM – 9:15 PM EDT
Don't Leave Money on the Table While House Hunting!
Workshop is for eligibility for incentives in Baltimore City
Take advantage of loans and grant programs offered by CHAI, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, the State of Maryland and local lenders.
Come to a CHAI Homebuyer Education Workshop
$50 per household to attend. (A household is either 1 individual or 2 people purchasing a home together) All sales final. Can transfer to an upcoming workshop if registered and unable to attend.
We offer monthly homebuyer education workshops, usually the 3rd Tuesday evening of the month from 6:00 to 9:15 p.m. This workshop is the gateway to CHAI’s full offerings of homeownership services. Cost is $50 per household.
Pre-registration/sign-in starts at 5:45 p.m.
1. Intro to homebuyer education
2. The housing counseling process
3. Credit reports and repair
4. The mortgage pre-approval process
5. Choosing a new home/Real Estate agent
6. Contract of sale
7. Mortgage financing and appraisal
8. Home inspections
9. Getting to settlement
10. What happens post-purchase
11. The renovation process
CHAI’s WOKSHOP & COUNSELING POLICY:
Everyone is welcome to attend CHAI’s 1st Time Homebuyers Workshop. However, we would like you to be informed of the following:
1. If you require individual one-on-one counseling to qualify for any Baltimore City programs, Maryland Mortgage programs or CHAI Homebuyer Loan, be advised that CHAI has limited availability for counseling appointments. We give priority to people who purchase homes within our neighborhood boundaries: Glen, Fallstaff, Cross Country, Cheswolde & Mt. Washington. Therefore, we may not be able to provide a counseling appointment in a timely manner for people purchasing homes in other areas of Baltimore City.
2. If a partner/spouse is planning to purchase a home and are both going on the mortgage, they will both be required to attend the Homebuyer Workshop and the Pre-Purchase Counseling session. Only those parties in attendance at the workshop and counseling session will be listed on the certificates.
Please call Home Ownership at 410-500-5309 with any questions