Option A tickets:
Upon completion of the course, participants will receive the Certificate of Attendance.
Contact email@example.com for group discounts.
This challenging two-day training offered by CSE aims to give you all the latest practical tools and resources required to implement or upscale corporate sustainability in order to drive your initiatives to the next level by generating value and creating effective strategies. Executives from Fortune 500 companies, local governments and academia have trusted CSE and participated in our advanced training to become Certified Sustainability (CSR) Practitioners and earn a unique recognition in the Sustainability and CSR field. Click here to see the training agenda.
CSE is a leading accredited provider of Sustainability (CSR) Training and consultancy internationally.
CSE is an accredited training provider by leading organizations in Sustainability. Our Courses are approved by CMI (Chartered Management Institute). CSE is also Green America certified business, GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) stakeholder and training partner to the Sustainability Management Association (SMA).
Key Modules to be Covered
MODULE 1: Sustainability (CSR) and the Business Case for Adoption
- Sustainable development: What is and isn’t sustainability
- The three principles of nature & business
- Definitions & interpretations of the elements of sustainability
- Triple bottom line approach of sustainability
- Case study: VW and the dark side of sustainability
MODULE 2: Current Global and Local Legislation for Sustainability and GHG Emissions
- Sustainability – COP 21 outcomes and future impact
- Sustainability: the UN Global Compact & the updated Millennium Goals (September 2015)
- Corporate governance and sustainability legislation
- New sustainability trends and regulation
MODULE 3: Sustainability (CSR) Strategy and Related Global Standards & Guidelines (UN Global Compact, GRI , SROI)
- Stakeholder matrix
- Creating a sustainable (CSR) strategy.A step by step approach
- Sustainable supply chain
- Global Models Presentation and Description: Global Reporting Initiative (G4), UN Global Compact
- How to calculate Sosial Return on Investment
- Best practices and case studies on successful sustainability strategies
MODULE 4: Responsible Communication and How to Avoid Blue and Green Washing
- What are ‘Green’ and ‘Cause-Related’ Marketing?
- Responsible communication
- How to avoid blue and green washing (related videos will be presented)
MODULE 5: The importance of Sustainability in Supply Chain and Carbon Footprint Reduction
- CSR strategy & stakeholders
- CSR in the supply chain
- Stakeholder engagement strategy
- The rise of the carbon footprint strategy as part of the environmental strategy. What can organizations do?
- Carbon accounting and WRI Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- Carbon offsetting
- Case study: IKEA
MODULE 6: Sustainability (CSR/ ESG) Reporting Based on GRI and How to Communicate
- The importance of sustainability ratings (DJSI, CSRHUB)
- Understanding reporting
- Why report?
- GRI G4 Guidelines: Reporting on the Triple Bottom Line
- Case Studies & exersize
- Best practices on reporting communication
MODULE 7: External Assurance
- The importance of external assurance
- What is external assurance for sustainability
- Assurance process
- Assurance standards
MODULE 8: The Role of the Sustainability (CSR) Practitioner and Future Trends
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will have the chance to complete a two-year sustainability plan that will qualify them for earning the globally recognized CSR-P Certification and become Certified Sustainability Practitioners. The final assignment help participants put in place practical tools and use the knowledge gained in a practical way.
Fields That Benefit:
- Public Relations
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Sustainability / CSR
- Environmental Management
What you get in the course:
- Certified Learning materials (hard copy) and training guide (electronic copy)
- Two days of instruction
- Updated case studies from companies such as Apple, Ikea, Unilever and others
- Informative videos from leading sustainable organizations
- Sustainability reports related to your sector
- Sustainability (CSR) Practitioner Certification (Option B tickets only)
- Carbon offsets for the entire group
About the Head of the Training Programs Development and Lead Trainer
Nikos Avlonas is founder and President of the Centre for Sustainability & Excellence (CSE). Nikos has been distinguished as one of the “Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior” by Trust Across America. He is a well known international speaker in topics related to Sustainable Development and CSR and hasglobally delivered speeches and educated thousands of. To learn more about Nikos Avlonas, read his bio here.
Take advantage of a leading book on sustainability, entitled "Practical Sustainability Strategies: How to Gain a Competitive Advantage" (Wiley Publication) written by the course trainer Nikos Avlonas.
Organizations that trust this program
Testimonies from Leading Organizations! See what Previous Attendees Said here.
Green Event Policy:
As part of our sustainability policy (since 2007), we calculate and offset the carbon footprint of all CSE events, including the travel of our attendees. Additionally, CSE is among the first firms in its sector to have published a Sustainability Report (since 2008). A prime example of 'walking the talk'.
Terms of registration:
- Registrations may be canceled and a refund will be issued only following a written request (at firstname.lastname@example.org) at least twenty (20) days prior to the beginning of the training. If the request is made twenty (20) days prior to the training, a 50% cancelation fee will be charged. If no request is made to CSE until or following the training, no refund will be provided.
- CSE retains the right to reschedule the training. CSE will refund the training fee for trainings rescheduled up to two (2) weeks prior to the training date. CSE is not responsible for other cost on behalf of participants (travel, accommodation, etc.)
- If the payment is completed through bank deposit an additional 50 Euro fee will be added to the training fee.