Actions and Detail Panel
Certified ScrumMaster® Training in Toronto, ON Canada
Tue, Oct 18, 2016, 9:00 AM
Certified Scrum Master Training
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
By earning a Certified ScrumMaster® certification you:
Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices.
Demonstrate to employers and peers your attainment of core Scrum knowledge.
Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Certified ScrumMaster’s role from the best minds in Scrum.
Engage with a community of recognized Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
This Learning Event is ideal for those who want to create:
- high-performance teams that out-perform the competition
- exceptional quality products that delight customers
- a culture of continuous growth and capacity-building for individuals and teams
- dramatically reduced time-to-market
- ultra-efficient work processes
By successfully completing this Learning Event you will be able to:
- Remove obstacles that prevent teams from becoming high-performance.
- Enable a team to follow the Scrum process to deliver great products and continuously improve their quality.
- Describe Scrum to others including roles, meetings, artifacts and principles.
- Fulfill the requirements of the Certified ScrumMaster program including preparation for the CSM Exam.
Day One In-depth simulation to practice Scrum Scrum requirements and estimation Scrum execution
Day Two Learn the principles, practice and process of Scrum Understand the role of the ScrumMaster Changing organizations with Scrum
Mishkin is connected to thousands of Agile Experts around the world due to his travels and long participation in the Agile community. If he doesn't know the answer to a question, he knows someone who does! Of course, Mishkin brings a wealth of experience to the class and can help you understand even the most difficult aspects of Scrum, apply it to real-life, and can share both great success and failure stories! Sometimes there isn't enough time in class to get to everyone's questions - feel free to ask anything you want after the class by email or by phone. If Mishkin doesn't have a good answer for your question, he can almost certainly connect you with someone who does have the answer!
Effective immediately (Sep. 1, 2013) all participants in our CSM and CSPO Learning Events will receive two free books! The first, is "Agile Advice" by Mishkin Berteig in pdf format. This book is a collection of the best articles from the AgileAdvice blog with additional commentary, updates, and three exclusive articles written just for the books. The second free book is your choice of one from the following list of recommended reading:
Good to Great by Jim Collins
Built to Last by Jim Collins
Agile Software Development with Scrum by Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle
Agile Retrospectives by Esther Derby and Diana Larsen
The Corporate Culture Survival Guide by Edgar H Schein
Lean Software Development by Mary Poppendieck and Tom Poppendieck
Agile Project Management with Scrum by Ken Schwaber
The Systems Bible by John Gall
The Mythical Man Month by Frederick P Brooks
The Goal by Eliyahu M Goldratt and Jeff Cox
The Wisdom of Teams by Jon R Katzenbach and Douglas K Smith
Fearless Change by Mary Lynn Manns and Linda Rising
The Enterprise and Scrum by Ken Schwaber
Refactoring by Martin Fowler, et al
Test Driven Development by Example by Kent Beck
Working Effectively with Legacy Code by Michael Feathers
Beyond the Culture of Contest by Michael Karlberg
At the end of a CSM or CSPO class, you will be asked for your choice of book and it will be shipped to the address of your choice.
"This course provided a fast and intense introduction to leading/facilitating Scrum teams.... the techniques will be very useful." - Managing Director
Schedule: 2 full days 8:30am to 5:00pm with 4 breaks of 10 minutes and a 60 minute lunch break per day.
If you are a member of the Project Management Institute, this course counts for 16 PDU's and as part of the requirements towards the PMI-ACP designation.
Day One: Getting Started with Scrum
- Project Vision and Process
- Sprint One
- Customer Feedback
- Product Backlog Items and User Stories
- Estimating Value
- Estimating Effort
- Ordering and Defects
- Sprint Two
- Velocity and Planning
- Customer Feedback
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Burndown Charts
- Sprint Three
Day Two: Theory and Advanced Topics
- Agile Foundations and Theory
- Lecture: History of Agile
- Exercise: The Agile Manifesto
- Lecture: Values, Principles, Tools...
- Scrum Process In-Depth
- Lecture: the Scrum Process (Meetings, Artifacts)
- Exercise: Explaining Scrum
- Lecture: Scrum Teams
- Discussion: Scrum Roles
- Lecture: The Definition of "Done"
- Lecture: Scrum IS/IS NOT
- Exercise: Scrum at Your Organization
- The ScrumMaster Role
- Exercise: The ScrumMaster Job Description
- Discussion: ScrumMaster Self-Evaluation
- Lecture: Removing Obstacles
- Exercise: Your Obstacles
- Open Q&A (time permitting)
- Wrap-up / Graduation