Actions and Detail Panel
Certified ScrumMaster® Training - 8-9 November, 2016 - Mississauga, ON, Can...
Tue, Nov 8, 2016, 8:00 AM – Wed, Nov 9, 2016, 5:00 PM EST
Date: 8-9 November, 2016
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Regular Price: $1545
Early Price: $1313.25 expires 8 September, 2016
Effective immediately (Sep. 1, 2013) all participants in our CSM and CSPO Learning Events will receive two free books! The first, is "Agile Advice" by Mishkin Berteig in pdf format. This book is a collection of the best articles from the AgileAdvice blog with additional commentary, updates, and three exclusive articles written just for the books. The second free book is your choice of one from the following list of recommended reading:
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Built to Last by Jim Collins
- Agile Software Development with Scrum by Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle
- Agile Retrospectives by Esther Derby and Diana Larsen
- The Corporate Culture Survival Guide by Edgar H Schein
- Lean Software Development by Mary Poppendieck and Tom Poppendieck
- Agile Project Management with Scrum by Ken Schwaber
- The Systems Bible by John Gall
- The Mythical Man Month by Frederick P Brooks
- The Goal by Eliyahu M Goldratt and Jeff Cox
- The Wisdom of Teams by Jon R Katzenbach and Douglas K Smith
- Fearless Change by Mary Lynn Manns and Linda Rising
- The Enterprise and Scrum by Ken Schwaber
- Refactoring by Martin Fowler, et al
- Test Driven Development by Example by Kent Beck
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code by Michael Feathers
- Beyond the Culture of Contest by Michael Karlberg
At the end of a CSM or CSPO class, you will be asked for your choice of book and it will be shipped to the address of your choice.
"This course provided a fast and intense introduction to leading/facilitating Scrum teams.... the techniques will be very useful." - Managing Director
Schedule: 2 full days 8:30am to 5:00pm with 4 breaks of 10 minutes and a 60 minute lunch break per day.
If you are a member of the Project Management Institute, this course counts for 16 PDU's and as part of the requirements towards the PMI-ACP designation.
Available in-house and as a public seminar.
Contact us to find out how you can attend and/or schedule a training!
Day One: Getting Started with Scrum
- Project Vision and Process
- Sprint One
- Customer Feedback
- Product Backlog Items and User Stories
- Estimating Value
- Estimating Effort
- Ordering and Defects
- Sprint Two
- Velocity and Planning
- Customer Feedback
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Burndown Charts
- Sprint Three
Day Two: Theory and Advanced Topics
- Agile Foundations and Theory
- Lecture: History of Agile
- Exercise: The Agile Manifesto
- Lecture: Values, Principles, Tools...
- Scrum Process In-Depth
- Lecture: the Scrum Process (Meetings, Artifacts)
- Exercise: Explaining Scrum
- Lecture: Scrum Teams
- Discussion: Scrum Roles
- Lecture: The Definition of "Done"
- Lecture: Scrum IS/IS NOT
- Exercise: Scrum at Your Organization
- The ScrumMaster Role
- Exercise: The ScrumMaster Job Description
- Discussion: ScrumMaster Self-Evaluation
- Lecture: Removing Obstacles
- Exercise: Your Obstacles
- Open Q&A (time permitting)
- Wrap-up / Graduation
Mishkin Berteig leads, mentors, trains and coaches teams and organizations, managers and executives. Mishkin helps organizations become more effective by using methods such as Scrum, Extreme Programming, OpenAgile and Lean. These methods present the best balance between chaos and bureaucracy; they allow human creativity and problem solving to flourish in the service of tangible corporate and organizational goals.
Mishkin has over 15 years of professional experience with Agile methods. Mishkin publishes articles and thoughts about agile on Agile Advice.
Mishkin has trained people from Canada, the United States, India, China, the Middle East and Europe