|Limited to only 20 seats...
|Sign-up now in order to ensure your spot is reserved!
|14 PDUs Awarded
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
What others are are saying about us:
- "This was the biggest "bang for the buck" of any course I've ever taken (in 18 years of professional development)." - Heather
- "The course was extremely helpful in helping me find my role as ScrumMaster on my team." - Michael
- "I was pleasantly surprised that after only two days I now have a foundation to begin using Scrum at my agency." - Kevin
Who should attend?
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) is an in-depth two day immersion into the world of Scrum. The class is full of practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
Class Learning Objectives:
- As a CSM class participant, I want...
- To explain Scrum’s history, so that I can better appreciate Scrum.
- To demonstrate the importance of having team values, so that I can facilitate the creation of working agreements amongst team members.
- To list situations where using Scrum is appropriate, so that I can be more successful at applying Scrum.
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process.
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what.
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real.
- To explain the value of a product vision statement, so that I gain a greater appreciation for why we need one.
- To explain how to seed a product backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one.
- To demonstrate how to write user stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a backlog item.
- To teach team members how to relatively size backlog items, so that the product owner can make better prioritization decisions.
- To list and explain the key meetings in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each sprint.
- To explain how to tell a good user story from a bad one, so that I can better assist the Product Owner with creating an effective product backlog.
- To demonstrate how to track team progress, so that I can accurately understand what has been accomplished and how much longer it will take to complete the product.
- To list and explain the additional meetings recommended for Scrum, so that I can improve the overall efficiency of the Scrum process.
- To list areas where we might get into trouble, so that I know what to look out for as my organization implements Scrum.
- To list other fields that may enhance our ability to do Scrum better, so that I can have additional tools to increase our chances of success.
- An open forum to discuss challenging questions about Scrum, so that I can utilize the collective intelligence of the class participants to brainstorm creative solutions to complex problems.
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed course manual
- Scrum reference card
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, course exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- 14 PDUs
- A two year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) exam
About The Instructor: Lonnie Weaver-Johnson, CST
Lonnie is the Agile Practice Lead for The Braintrust Consulting Group. She obtained a degree in Communications and then went on to a 20 year career implementing IT projects or leading people through change. Lonnie enjoys transforming people through coaching, conflict resolution, performance management, or simply imparting knowledge. Lonnie began working with Scrum in 2006 and her Scrum training has taken her across the country and to India and Canada where she has shared her knowledge and experience with Scrum. Helping teams learn and grow together until they reach a high performing stage is Lonnie’s passion. Her candid and patient coaching style helps people understand how to make the necessary behavioral changes to make Scrum work for their teams. She also enjoys partnering with leaders to help them understand how the changes will impact their organization. Lonnie has been an IT leader, a business analyst, a corporate trainer, a Toastmaster officer, a public speaker in her community, and a volunteer at local high schools training kids on team development. In each of these cases Lonnie brings high energy to her classes, motivates the learners, and uses humor and stories to keep people engaged.
Organizations That We Have Trained:
- American Airlines
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Department of Homeland Security
- Earnst & Young
- Emory University
- H&R Block
- Thomson Reuters
- Tractor Supply
- Vanderbilt University
- Many, many, more...
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
Have questions about Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) - Omaha, NE - SOLD OUT!?
Contact The Braintrust Consulting Group