This hands-on CSM® certification course is taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) with over 25 years IT industry experience Leading 40+ Scrum teams, with over 500 globally dispersed team members.
Classes are interactive hands-on learning experience, complete with real world scenarios and both IT and Non-IT case studies.
Reference Materials, examples and tutorials provided
. Upon successfully completing this two-day class you will be a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM). Fees include the required online ScrumAlliance® exam for your certification to be valid for 2-years.
Your tuition includes 2-year membership in ScrumAlliance® and all exam fees. Story Point estimation cards are provided. Continental Breakfast and Lunch are provided both days.
All students earn:
- 16-Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Project Management Institute (PMI®) members earn 16-PDUs
Free enrollment in ScrumAlliance® authorized AgilePA Users Group
Continental breakfast and lunch provided during class.
- Agile and Scrum Introduction
- Overview on various Agile Methods
- Why Agile?
- Origins of Scrum and Understanding Scrum
- Basic Scrum Engine, Agile Manifesto
- Four Meetings
- Four Roles
- Scrum Values
- Scrum Phases
- Scrum Simulation
- Sprint planning meeting
- Daily standup meeting
- Burndown charts and project reporting
- Sprint review and retrospective
- Day in the Life of a ScrumMaster
- Release Planning
- Various Estimation Techniques, Prioritization
- What is User Story? Template and Simulations
- Acceptance Criteria and Definition of Done
- Release Management and Project Reporting
- Scaling and Global Teams
- Scrum and CMM, Scrum and XP
- Closing Activities and Graduation
The certification class is appropriate for all software team members, including project managers, team leads, development managers, product managers, architects, developers, testers, as well as executives like CIOs and CTOs.