14 PDUs Awarded
Scrum Alliance CSD-Eligible Course
Limited to only 16 registrations, sign-up now in order to ensure your seat is reserved.
No Prerequisites Required
Who should attend?
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) is an in-depth two day immersion into the world of Scrum. The course is full of practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This course will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
Course Learning Objectives:
- As a CSM course participant, I want...
- to explain Scrum’s history, so that I can better appreciate Scrum.
- As a CSM course participant, I want to demonstrate the importance of having values, so that I can facilitate the creation of working agreements amongst team members.
- to list situations where using Scrum is appropriate, so that I can be more successful at applying Scrum.
- to describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process.
- to describe the roles and responsibilities on a Scrum team, so that I can understand who does what.
- to experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real.
- to explain the value of a product vision statement, so that I gain a greater appreciation for why we need one.
- to explain how to seed a product backlog, so that I can facilitate the creation of one.
- to demonstrate how to write user stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind each backlog item.
- to teach team members how to relatively size backlog items, so that the product owner can make better prioritization decisions.
- to list and explain the key meetings in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each sprint.
- to explain how to tell a good user story from a bad one, so that I can better facilitate the creation of a product backlog.
- to demonstrate how to track team progress, so that I can accurately understand what has been accomplished and how much longer it will take to complete the product.
- list and explain the additional meetings recommended for Scrum, so that I can improve the overall efficiency of the Scrum process.
- to list areas where we might get into trouble, so that I know what to look out for as my organization implements Scrum.
- to list other fields that may enhance our ability to do Scrum better, so that I can have additional tools to increase our chances of success.
- an open forum to discuss challenging questions about Scrum, so that I can utilize the collective intelligence of the course participants to brainstorm creative solutions to complex problems.
- Increase customer satisfaction and time-to-market delivery
- Properly align your development efforts around building the highest business value features first
- Gain organizational trust and improve your team’s reputation for on-time and on-budget delivery, by setting them up for frequent success
- Experience higher team morale and productivity with a fundamental shift in management style
- Focus your personal efforts on the highest value tasks that will have an immediate impact on your team’s level of success
- Improve communications through transparency and “pull” versus “push” systems
- Achieve greater flexibility and bring value to your organization by adding another tool to your toolbox
- Thorough understanding of Scrum
- A new outlook on the way you work
- The knowledge necessary for incorporating Scrum practices into your working environment
- A two year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) exam
About The Instructor: Brian M. Rabon, CST, PMP
Brian is the President of The Braintrust Consulting Group, He holds a BS in computer science from Auburn University and a MS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He is an avid author, blogger and speaker at conferences, professional organizations, and user groups around the globe. Brian is an Adjunct Instructor for UAB’s Information Engineering and Management Program, a contract instructor for ASPE, New Horizons, Rally, Version One, and many other quality organizations. Brian is a Certified Scrum Trainer® through the Scrum Alliance and The Braintrust Consulting Group is a Registered Education Provider® for the Scrum Alliance.
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this course you must notify us no later than 5 days prior to the course start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
Have questions about Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) - Denver, CO?
Contact The Braintrust Consulting Group